IGNORED

which games updates or seq/prequals would you like to see done on the A8

carmel_andrews

Here's mine

Zorro

Zybex (didn't like the unofficial cloned versions. gfx was a bit off)

Draconus (The unofficial clones were OK but there were some graphics errors/issues in all of them, making the game impossible to complete)

Star Raiders (SRII was OK but it didn't feel like you were playing SR, it looked and felt like another game, perhaps the big A would have been better of releasing SRII under it's intended original name)

Rainbow walker....Nice little game

Plastron...original was good, but there was hardly any variation in the levels

Jet Boot Jack....A sequal would be nice...and with more levels

Crownland....Yes please...only played 2-3 levels of current version

Black lamp...I sort of figured out the game....would be nice to see a sequel, good gfx

Karateka....Would mind seeing a sequel of this, but with slightly faster animation

And Defender...But this time programmed on an A8 with proper hardware scrolling

anyone with anymore

Frogger (I didn't like Frogger II, and the original Parker Brothers Frogger actually gets easier after a certain point)

Race In Space (My favorite two player game; because of its simplicity, you can quickly teach others to play. Allow the original simplicity to be used in the sequel, but allow more fun/crazy options like the big comet that roars across the sky. Maybe have logic like in MULE that keeps the game close by penalizing the person in the lead. Since not everyone would like this dynamic leveling of the playing field, maybe make it an option. Maybe allow the speed of each of the space ships to be controlled before the game, sort of like Racing Destruction Set, to help level the playing field.)

Racing Destruction Set (keep many of the crazy fun options, improve the awful graphics and sound)

Karateka would be good, although for me it's not so much the animation speed as much as introducing something new

Well,

I would like to see a Star Raiders 3 with nowadays gfx and msx possibilities, also a Bruce Lee 2 with new/more screens (and maybe some more weapons and moves). But instead of Karateka 2, I would rather like to see Prince of Persia on the A8. A Crownland 2 would also be nice (more/new levels please). And a *realtime* Pole Position or Pitstop for 2-4 players simultanously. Or a better version of Battlezone (since the XE version is slow and boring), for two or more players, where you also have to collect ammo and fuel and shoot various enemies... well, enough of dreams... -Andreas Koch.