IGNORED

2002 1k Minigame Competition

karri

I can only programm Q-Basic. And here what I have write under 1k.

qbasic_prog.jpg

A Programm which Random choose a point, a random color and background color and print then a random letter or other thing on the screen. :):D

Is no game, but a funny thing. watch it for hours and enjoy the great colors. ;)

Maybe you can use it as screensaver. But this will only work in Q-Basic.

Here ths code:

RANDOMIZE TIMER

CLS

c = INT(RND(1) * 32)

h = INT(RND(1) * 15 + 1)

COLOR c, h

x = INT(RND(1) * 25 + 1)

y = INT(RND(1) * 80 + 1)

LOCATE x, y

i = INT(RND(1) * 256)

IF i = 7 THEN 30

IF i = 9 THEN 30

IF i = 10 THEN 30

IF i = 11 THEN 30

IF i = 12 THEN 30

IF i = 13 THEN 30

IF i = 28 THEN 30

IF i = 29 THEN 30

IF i = 30 THEN 30

IF i = 31 THEN 30

IF i = 32 THEN 30

PRINT CHR$(i);

a$ = INKEY$

IF a$ = " " THEN 100

GOTO 20

COLOR 11, 0

END

Hi Karri,

ottelo looks to be a cool game :wink:

About your Lynx-games: How big is the chance that the games Password, Swingbird and Stardreamer will ever be published?

Password was the winning game in Songbirds ALPE 2000 right? Distant Lands was another of these games and it will (hopefully) be released by Songbird in the future. You think there is any chance we will see any of your game released the same way?

Stardreamer is like a Lynx-version of the classic game Elite? And maybe you can tell us what the games Swingbird and Password is about? :wink:

The Password has actually been "published" as a downloader application in some flash-carts I made earlier for other developers.

Basically Password was a hangman letter-guessing game with built-in swing-music (Choo-Choo-Che-Boogie). It also had a capability to change the melody to some other random blues-scale melody while pressing the Opt buttons.

Swingbird has even developed further since ALPE. It is also swing-music based (Glow worm) where you have to catch the breaks in the music for all three dancers. I would like to write better music for it and develope the dance-moves even further. Obviously I need less colors or packed sprites to make full screen dance animations more interesting.

Stardreamer started as an Elite clone. I had difficulties in making vector graphics work so I made a mistake and started to use sprites. A few months ago Thomas Harte demonstrated great vector stuff on the Lynx and now I would like to rewrite the space engine and use Thomas code for the space flight.

I also got a great artist (Chad Ballow) interested in it. He suggested to split the action with small animation clips. It sound so nice that I rewrote the whole game to allow it to use in-between animations. Hopefulle I can release Stardreamer as a vector-based, smooth-playing and open Elite-like space adventure. Due to the platform style (Lynx) I would like to keep the single missions between 3-5 minutes and use an eeprom for saving the game.

I could easily make a very small "production run" using flash-cart technology and produce a small amount (1-20) carts. Or perhaps Songbird has interest to make a S.I.M.I.S.-type compilation cart with small goodies. I know that Matthias, Bjoern, Lucien, Chris and perhaps even more guys have produced small games to test new techniques etc. So it should not be hard to make a compilation cart.

--

Cheers,

Karri

Am I alone in entering a 1k Lynx game in this competition?

There is still time left...

Nope, you are not alone.

But i still have 55 bytes left and i am not sure what to do with them :P

Besides, there are two bugs in handy which made the game look bad on the emulator :(

So i have to write workarounds or ask Keith for bugfix.

Tschau,

Sage

Hi! Karri,

I'm glad to see you here and I'm happy that yoa are still working on Stardreamer!

I think there is still enough interest in Lynx - only from my Web site your "devflash.pdf" was downloaded 45 times!!!

I wish you luck with Stardreamer! It will be nice to see it in the future - completed with EEPROM save function and distributed by Songbird!

Ratko

Actually I got the kick to enter this compo from Sage...

I just thought he had forgotten the whole competition.

It is so relaxing to make some 4-evenings games like ottelo for a change.

Somehow Stardreamer has a tendency to require frequent rewrites and I am

stuck every now and then.

--

Cheers,

Karri