IGNORED

How to find out size of expanded RAM in Basic?

MaPa

Hi, is there some short BASIC program (so I can type it on real computer) to find out how much memory the computer (800XL) has?

I don't know of a BASIC ram check program that will do exactly what you are asking for.

I can electronically send you a fairly short BASIC ram tester that you may be able to modify to do what you want to do. Of course, that means you need to understand how it works and be able to make your modifications.

But it would be much easier (for you) to send you a good ram checker (ML) as an ATR image that will automatically detect your available ram. Do you have SIO2PC or APE?

-Larry

I bought untested ATARI without cables on auction. Later I bought two other ataris with one pack of cables, so I finally get to test the first one too, and after a while I noticed the first one I baught has some switches on the JOY side, one fro SRAm ON/OFF and other for switching RAMBO/COMPY. As I don't have SIO2PC cable or some other way how to get some soft to the real hw (not yet, of course I'm planing to get SIO2PC for myself) I just wanted to test it via typed in BASIC program. But I think I have to wait till I'll make the cable. Nevermind, probably 512kB added RAM as I opened the cover and tried to identify the added chips.