IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Mutants (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

What a strange shoot'em up:

mutants.gif

Did you ever dream of flying a spaceship through a cellular automaton and shoot all the cells residing there?

Well, there you go :lol:

Denton Designs did all of those really weird games back in the day. Stuff like Frankie goes to Hollywood or Transformers. Remember when TJ recently mentioned he never managed to figure out a game called Shadowfire? Yup, Denton Designs...

This ones mission is rather easy though. Just collect 15 parts of the ultimate weapon in as many "mutant" infested sectors.

Before entering a sector you may choose between three different weapons: Rockets, Gun and droppable Barriers. Choosing wisely here is essential, as there's all sorts of different mutants/behaviours and so there's a "best" weapon for each sector.

And here it ends already. I assembled the ultimate weapon within 2 hours. It then said "Level Two", but this plays exactly like the first. Same mutants, same difficulty level, it just repeats the mission. So I quit the cavalry.

P.S.: This wasn't the game I hinted at last time. That would've been Chameleon. I figured I totally hate it though, so I skipped it :lolblue:

Some future day the Playing series may see another Denton Designed game, but first it will continue with something more barbarian but not Barbarian.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5313