IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Blood'n'Guts (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Oh no! Another sports game! Something is different though:

bloodnguts.gif

Hehe, these are the "Barbarian Games". Or rather the "Barbarian Decathlon". Two players can compete against each other in 10 really tough disciplines: Tug of War, Towerjump, Rockroller, Beer Drinking, Human Hit (pictured above), Pole Fight, Cat Throwing, Mountain Walk, Axe Throwing and Arm Wreck.

They are pretty brutal, Axe Throwing for example isn't about width, but aiming at your competitor :-o

Well, the music is forgettable, the graphics are good albeit always a bit samey. The controls are a good mixture, only about half of the disciplines require joystick waggling.

The quality of the events as usual for these games varies, yet it never really tops any of the better Epyx "Games".

As this is a contest for life and death, see what happened to my opponent after my succesful run:

bloodnguts_x.gif

Well, all in all this one was refreshing for a sports game, but still nothing I'd recommend playing. Maybe as a party gag ;)

Some future day the Playing series may see another Barbarian game, but first it will boldly go where no previous entry has gone before.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5316