IGNORED

New website

Philsan

I know that probably I am the only Italian speaking user here but I want to let you know that I have finished my website devoted to Atari 8-bit:

Atari 8-bit: 400/800/XL/XE

It was absolutely necessary to have an Italian website doing justice to these important machines (important not only because we love them but also from an historical point of view).

In the homepage I have synthesized very important facts often unknown by people: for example their commercial success and the fact that in 1979 8-bits Atari were ahead of their time, in particular for their architecture and graphics capabilities. I have also pointed out that the heir of A8 is Amiga.

I have done a lot of work, in particular for this page,

http://www.santellocco.com/atari/info.htm.

Perhaps you cannot understand Italian (but Google translation isn't bad, apart design's mess) but I hope you will appreciate Atari story's images and the screenshots regarding games firstly programmed on Atari (first group) and regarding games converted to Atari or programmed at the same time (second group).

Edited by Philsan

Hi Philsan,

Thanks for the new site dedicated to our little Ataris. It's well designed, very user friendly. Nevertheless, this shows that we have also Italian friends supporting Atari. We already cross referenced our sites. I figured out that you are the closest Atarian friend, because here in Slovenia I still don't know for any Atarian who actually uses his Atari or emulator in daily basis. Everybody is far far away from me, cca. 500km, 1000km or more. But I plan to visit some Atari party someday.

Keep up the good work with your site!