IGNORED

Take 'Em To The Woodshed - HD, or no HD?

RSS Bot

I've been on the fence about HD for a long while now - mainly because I'm such an old-school guy that I'm deathly afraid that if I go HD, all of my favorite systems are going to look like shit and suffer from that "delay" from button press to action on-screen. I know that it would make my next-gen stuff look better (and with certain TV's I can hook my PC up to it), but seeing as how all HD TV's that I've seen are wide-screened, it's going to stretch out my classic games.

Case in point: Metal Gear. Right now, I'm OBSESSED with it. So much so that I'm in the process of playing them all chronologically (FYI - I'm almost done with Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake... I'm such a nerd). And HDTV would make MGS4 look amazing, but when I go to play the original either on the PS2 or NES, the aspect ratio would suffer (or so I have been led to believe).

One of my friends have told me that I can still get HD tube TV's or something to that effect, but I really haven't seen them anywhere. The TV that I have now seems to be on its last legs, so an upgrade in the immediate future is going to be somewhat inevitable. Not looking forward to this.

However, I'm really sick and tired of seeing all my next gen games letterboxed. It makes text really small and everything really hard to see. I had recently borrowed Soul Calibur IV and found myself sitting closer and closer to the screen to make out prices of items in the "Fighter Creator." My eyesight's shot to begin with, but these games are just making it worse.

On a nowhere-near-related note, I want to put a bigger hard drive in my PS3. I recently saw the newest issue of Gamepro, and it gave a very abridged set of directions on installing one. I was pricing hard drives and saw that bigger ones are really cheap. Gonna try to get me some of that.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5323