IGNORED

Flack's Daily Smack - How Rob Cleans the Garage

RSS Bot

Here is a good example of how I clean rooms.

"Boy am I in the mood to clean the garage. I'll just turn on the radio and get started."

garage_clean_1.jpg

"Hey, what's going on here? One speaker doesn't work! That sucks! Hey ... I think I have some smaller speakers I bet I could wire up to my old boombox. I think I'll do that."

(Rob finds a spare set of speakers in the garage and some wire in his toolbox and wires everything up. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound very good.)

garage_clean_2.jpg

"Hmmm. I guess the boombox doesn't have enough power. Maybe I could route everything through an old amplifier."

(Rob goes upstairs, finds and old amplifier, takes it to the garage and continues wiring.)

garage_clean_3.jpg

"I can't seem to get the boombox to output through the amp. Maybe if I hooked up a CD player ... hey, wait -- didn't Dad give me an old laptop a few years back? I'll bet I could hook that up to the amp somehow!"

(Over an hour goes by. The laptop is reconfigured and joined to my home domain. A wireless card is added. Remote Desktop is configured and Winamp is added. The laptop can now stream MP3s wirelessly from the upstairs server.)

garage_clean_4.jpg

"Hey, this is sweet! But, those speakers still sound pretty weak. Where are those old living room speakers I used to own ..."

(Rob goes back upstairs and digs through the closet, pulling out a pair of giant Jensen house speakers with 15" woofers.)

garage_clean_5.jpg

garage_clean_6.jpg

(Rob cranks stupid 80s dance music.)

"Now that's what I'm talking about! Boy am I tired of cleaning. Let's dance instead!"

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5325