IGNORED

7800 Tank Command CIB

the.golden.ax

Yeah, he apparently paid $190. Kudos. Just wish people who knew it was available for $190 didn't bid my proxy to the max (to the penny!) :D but that's okay I'm good. Really...

I just glad to hear he won't open it. I offered to trade him, if he was going to open the new copy. No one should oepn a new Tank Command. A) crummy game B) drops the value, but should anyone feel the need... I'd be happy to trade them an open for a sealed.

AX

I was trying to forget about it... :( *goes to cry in a corner*

Even now I shiver whenever I remember it. :P Not that I regret it...well, I kinda do, but not in a bad way. I'm happy that I won it, but...argh...don't even know how to explain it!

I've been playing the game recently...it's not that bad, but it's really unfair. Controls bite.

Yeah, I won't open the game. I know it's kinda off topic, but is there a way to make another reproduction? I'm mostly interested in a type of "Sean Kelly" multicart full of 7800 games.

I can post some pics of the game if anyone likes to see. Box is a wee bit squished, but I don't mind. At least I got it, which makes me happy. :)

Weren't you the one, that Was saying, no cart is worth a grand or over, but yet $200 is ok. :ponder:

Uh........

*runs away*

Technically yes. And I still agree. But I am playing with it, even if it is horrible. Not the real version, though (a repro). My main gripe is to pay alot for a game and NEVER play it. I play it because I want to make sure I get my money's worth.

Though I will admit that was the first time, and probably ONLY time, I will ever spend that much.

But going back to topic, my question is WHY is the game so valuable. It's definitely not worth 10% of what we all pay, yet it is very pricey. It's cool to have but was it produced in very limited quantities?

The value for me is the scarcity. I have heard of 5 copies mentioned in the last year. IF they are out there they are being horded. For me it was the only 7800 game I didn't have. Now I'm going for cib/new (and I'm something like 10 carts away from that). It nags at us obsessive types, that the collection isn't complete. If you ever want to get rid of your new one, just let me know :D I got dibbs...

I'm sure after I have everything cib/new, then I'll have to make it all new only. I have to keep increasing the collection I guess, and the best way is to tweak it, rather than collect more kinds of stuff.

AX

The value for me is the scarcity. I have heard of 5 copies mentioned in the last year. IF they are out there they are being horded. For me it was the only 7800 game I didn't have. Now I'm going for cib/new (and I'm something like 10 carts away from that). It nags at us obsessive types, that the collection isn't complete. If you ever want to get rid of your new one, just let me know :D I got dibbs...

I'm sure after I have everything cib/new, then I'll have to make it all new only. I have to keep increasing the collection I guess, and the best way is to tweak it, rather than collect more kinds of stuff.

AX

I know what you mean. I am trying my best to obtain CIB titles. But there are a few that are quite elusive, mainly Absolute and Activision titles. For some reason, these are hard to get CIB. I lost F14 on Ebay a few days ago, which ticked me off, and I could have won it if I had placed $100, but I just did not want to do that. Alas, I am still on the lookout. I do have at least F18, which is a plus.

Also, I was thinking about getting certain games cart only here in the US, and get their box/manual counterparts in the UK. Since the Atari made games have the same exact box and manual, I can "mix and match".

It's a chore, but at the same time, it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Same goes for my SMS US set...only two games are left (Spiderman and Sonic US...I can get Spiderman but it's a little high in price from the source I can get it from)...it was relatively easy getting them, but it always boils down to one or two "elusive" games. :(

AX

Wow bud only, 10 away for Cib 7800 WTG You should have em complete in no time. HHW

Only 6 away from all the red 2600's (including pals) Damn BMX. (my next "Tank Command")

AX

By at least double the amount. ;)

BMX NTSC CIB $1000+, BMX PAL CIB $100 tops ;)

He might get lucky and find a Loose NTSC for $$700 or $800 and get a pal box and instructions for $100 :)

Now you are catching on to my 7800 CIB operations :D

Honestly I'd love a Pal BMX for $100... hadn't seen one yet. I'm down to 4 reds now BTW.

BMX Air Master

Dodge 'Em

Phoenix

32 - in - 1

AX

Yeah I check .DE and COM.AU daily.

By the way, I got Title Match for 7800 new, opened it, and played it for a while (got it for my 13th Birthday) I still have pictures! I traded that and MANY others for one stinking fish on my 15th birthday when I got an Aquarium. The fish was dead within 24 hours. Now I have to pay crazy $$$ for the same game 16 years later.

AX (Kicking himself for something he did half his life ago)

WOW, that's big money$ is the game any good?

BMX Airmaster? Ya it's on my top 10 for 2600 titles for sure and in the top 5 for 3rd party games. You can get the original TNT games version brand new for like $10 to $20 bucks as it is now one of the many victims of the South Amercain Atari finds.

Cool!

Five minutes left on an Ebay auction (270288252973) and you are about to win another Tank Command, the.golden.ax!

Hope you win it man. :)

That was just for trade foder. I only had a $50 proxy, it went for $80. Still not bad for loose. I would have gone over $100 if I didn't already get the CIB.

AX

:(

I thought you won it. :( Though the member that won it, danbhentschel, is quite active in 7800 collecting it seems. I thought he was a DP member, but I dunno. Probably an Atari Age member. But he is sure gives a fierce competion. :) I lost at least two auctions to him, but I did manage to squeeze in Mean 18 at the last second. :)

I would do the same thing. A game like that would help complete something else for the collection. That is why I have spares of certain "key" SMS games, to see if they can help me finish my collection.

If I see another one pop up, I will let you know via PM.

The one that I'm pissed at is Rampage 7800. Somehow you got one CIB? Ive won, and been denied purchase, lost many... requested it all over the forums, and you score one!? :( :D

*ARG*

AX

Nah, unfortunately there are a few games I don't have boxes to, most being the Absolute/Activision games. With the exception of Double Dragon, Kung Fu Master, and F18, I don't have the boxes for those games. I do have them with manual and I hope that in the future I can find only the boxes to these games instead of getting them all over again.

Why where you denied the purchase? I have had Ebay sellers refuse to ship to me (even after I paid) because they think PR is international. I have to try and explain to them over and over again about PR being a territory with same shipping methods. Most, around 99% realize this and help. The other 1%, the ones I consider the stupidest of the stupid, either don't believe me (even with proof...what more proof than the USPS website itself?) or think I am lying. To those, I am quick with the neg. In one occasion Ebay had to intervene and tell the seller that i was correct. He shipped but was not happy...only to apologize later by saying "You were correct...I am very sorry".

Some sellers simply amaze me.

I need to search around my area to see if I can still find 7800 games (and other games). I know that I can score some if I go outside the metropolitan area, but I have to take time. I have every other game in box, and I almost had Tomcat (lost to danbhentschel because I was not on the computer...it was my brother bidding at the time), but no matter, I can wait for another copy...or at least it's box.

Did you get your Tank Command yet? How do you protect it?

The one that I'm pissed at is Rampage 7800. Somehow you got one CIB? Ive won, and been denied purchase, lost many... requested it all over the forums, and you score one!? :( :D

*ARG*

AX

Nah, unfortunately there are a few games I don't have boxes to, most being the Absolute/Activision games. With the exception of Double Dragon, Kung Fu Master, and F18, I don't have the boxes for those games. I do have them with manual and I hope that in the future I can find only the boxes to these games instead of getting them all over again.

Why where you denied the purchase? I have had Ebay sellers refuse to ship to me (even after I paid) because they think PR is international. I have to try and explain to them over and over again about PR being a territory with same shipping methods. Most, around 99% realize this and help. The other 1%, the ones I consider the stupidest of the stupid, either don't believe me (even with proof...what more proof than the USPS website itself?) or think I am lying. To those, I am quick with the neg. In one occasion Ebay had to intervene and tell the seller that i was correct. He shipped but was not happy...only to apologize later by saying "You were correct...I am very sorry".

Some sellers simply amaze me.

I need to search around my area to see if I can still find 7800 games (and other games). I know that I can score some if I go outside the metropolitan area, but I have to take time. I have every other game in box, and I almost had Tomcat (lost to danbhentschel because I was not on the computer...it was my brother bidding at the time), but no matter, I can wait for another copy...or at least it's box.

Did you get your Tank Command yet? How do you protect it?

I figure it's worth the $25 to get it VGA encased. For commons I plan to buy the plastic box protectors from the marketplace forum guy that had them custom made.

AX

figure it's worth the $25 to get it VGA encased. For commons I plan to buy the plastic box protectors from the marketplace forum guy that had them custom made.

AX

What is VGA encased? :?:

I saw the thread also. However, if it's the same plastic video rental stores used on NES games back in the late 80's and early 90's, these will yellow over time and become very brittle. I can take a picture if you want, since I have a few that still have this type of plastic.

I was thinking something in the lines of comic book bags. When I made an order through a game company, they protected their games with this type of plastic and it covered it completely. Problem is finding these plastics and the correct measurements.

I would like to protect all 7800 games, as well as certain SMS games, and other video games.