IGNORED

New Tiny Toons Beta Found!

Willard

He says he bought them from none other than Curt V. where did Willard and Buddies buy the source code? It seems like there is enough to go on to complete this game if people worked together on it. Curse my lack of programming skills. It will come with time. I'd really like to see this one finished. I looked at that silly picture with the rocket many times longingly back in the day.

AX

Buddies and Willard went in on a TT030 Jaguar development system on ebay which was pointed out as being available by atarifan49. It contained the source code for the first few levels of the game+ more! They compiled the source code and ran the game, but unfortunately they have not released the version(in the picture at post#1) they have, which is probably the most advance one around. :( :sad:

http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?auto...=si&img=829 Is there even any interest for this lost title anymore? We were just gonna hoard it for ourselves until we become old and grey and then throw it away... :P

JAGUAR RULES!

No, keep it for yourselves...

but just know, if you do... your life is over! :P :lol:

Yeah... I've got that Jaguar Poster on my wall and I often stare at that Tiny Toons picture with the rocketship too.

Edited by ovalbugmann

He says he bought them from none other than Curt V. where did Willard and Buddies buy the source code? It seems like there is enough to go on to complete this game if people worked together on it. Curse my lack of programming skills. It will come with time. I'd really like to see this one finished. I looked at that silly picture with the rocket many times longingly back in the day.

AX

The level art currently up for auction belongs to an entirely different game- the second attempt at a TTA project most refer to as 'The Plucky Demo.' From the resources publicly available I don't think that one would be very easy to complete. The available demo only has a walk animation so I'm guessing it'd be alot of work to complete all the character animations and it still wouldn't be 'official Atari' material but rather a reimagining.

The demo that buddies and I have is the first attempt at the game. All the animation .etc are complete and the first level is finished (so you can play what you see on the back of the Jag box), so is most of the second and we have backgrounds for several others. Unfortunatelly, the case history suggests the programmers designed the levels with a level builder (didn't start on paper first) so the game cannot be finished strictly using Atari's original vision. All the resources are available if we want to design levels of our own, but again, it's unlikely we'll find any more original level designs for this version of the game.

Edited by Willard

AX

The level art currently up for auction belongs to an entirely different game- the second attempt at a TTA project most refer to as 'The Plucky Demo.' From the resources publicly available I don't think that one would be very easy to complete. The available demo only has a walk animation so I'm guessing it'd be alot of work to complete all the character animations and it still wouldn't be 'official Atari' material but rather a reimagining.

The demo that buddies and I have is the first attempt at the game. All the animation .etc are complete and the first level is finished (so you can play what you see on the back of the Jag box), so is most of the second and we have backgrounds for several others. Unfortunatelly, the case history suggests the programmers designed the levels with a level builder (didn't start on paper first) so the game cannot be finished strictly using Atari's original vision. All the resources are available if we want to design levels of our own, but again, it's unlikely we'll find any more original level designs for this version of the game.

and with all that being said, Jaguar Rules! :cool:

AX

How can I help?

AX