IGNORED

atari question for the atari dunce

I avoided the headache of typing a playing field by hand , using the TIAPAINT play field editor, but i have no clue on how to put the code into my program.

where does it go and how.

anything tips will do just fine

but since im new at this, im going to learn as i go along :)

oh by the way

Im making plans of recreating the game "Tennis For Two" (a tennis game thats older than pong)

just so you know

TIA Painter provides source code of how to display your playfield data. Just draw a screen, use "G" to generate a text file of the data, then copy/paste that data into whatever assembly file you choose. There are sample display sources available on the main page (scroll down for asymmetrical, symmetrical, or mirrored sources...as well as some more advanced ones that handle scrolling). The author even made them public domain, so you can encorporate them into your own programs without fear of being called a thief. Tho it is polite to give a note of thanks.

The only gripe that I have against the tool is that it does not allow you to define pixel height for the generated code. Unless your program is using seperate data values for each and every scanline of the picture (wasting a lotta ROM in the process), you either have to draw it "squashed", or manually erase x number of identical data (keeping careful track of the scanline number you are drawing on). Although the program lets you define the pixel height for drawing, this does not apply when code is generated. If each pixel is 8 scanlines high, it's still gonna give you 8 data values :(

oh by the way

Im making plans of recreating the game "Tennis For Two" (a tennis game thats older than pong)

just so you know

How do you plan on recreating the analog behavior? Tennis for Two was an computer game (rather than video), that used an analog computer and vector display via an oscilloscope.

• 2 weeks later...
oh by the way

just so you know

How do you plan on recreating the analog behavior? Tennis for Two was an computer game (rather than video), that used an analog computer and vector display via an oscilloscope.

I have no clue. I just started looking into the assembly language. :ponder: and its not a cakewalk

oh by the way

just so you know

I have no clue. I just started looking into the assembly language. :ponder: and its not a cakewalk

That's the point though, its an analog computer, not digital. There is no "assembly language" for it. Its all discrete analog technology.

That's the point though, its an analog computer, not digital. There is no "assembly language" for it. Its all discrete analog technology.

Maybe he means he's just started to look into the assembly language it will take to simulate the analog behavior.

using the 6502 instruction set. Its gonna be for the Atari 2600.