IGNORED

Panda Scuba Diver sold to me by zach18451 with fake end label

joesmooth

So, last week I did a Buy-It-Now on a Panda Scuba Diver (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230293477217) because I really wanted the game. The game showed up today with a fake end-label. Obviously scanned from an original, re-printed, and sloppily glued onto the cartridge. The PCB is correct, though, and the game works.

I've written the seller, zach18451, with the following:

"I just received the Atari 2600 Scuba Diver from you. The end label is a reproduction and just glued on. This should have been noted in the auction, as it's completely obvious that it isn't the original label from 1983 and I feel slighted for that. I'd like some sort of remediation for this, otherwise I'll have to leave neutral or negative feedback."

From the picture in the auction, it looks to me like the original, since there is some wear on it, and it never crossed my mind to ask the seller if the label was real. Now that I have the physical cart in front of me, I can see that the picture also has the fake end label (which was printed to include the wear marks).

I've been buying/selling/trading for long enough and have never had this happen to me.

I wonder if he'll respond.

Joe

Some people just blindly sell stuff with little thought for the fact that many people buy games as collectables, and don't just want a particular one for the sake of playing it.

If you fall into the "want for collection" category, then you have every right to feel ripped off. Such things should be noted in the auction, regardless.

I've dealt with zach. I think he will respond, but it may be a day or two.

That's good to know. I noticed he has a 7 day return policy on items, so we'll see if he honors that.

He sells a lot of video games and it's clear that the label was fake, so it definitely should have been noted in the auction. Maybe he didn't do it intentionally, but it's sure annoying.

Joe

Hi I am sorry the end label was fake. I owned this for a while and didnt think there was anything wrong with it. In Fact I bought it off ebay myself :(

It doesn't help that all Panda end labels look like they're fake. Quality wasn't exactly their number one priority...

Tempest

Hi I am sorry the end label was fake. I owned this for a while and didnt think there was anything wrong with it. In Fact I bought it off ebay myself :(

It doesn't help that all Panda end labels look like they're fake. Quality wasn't exactly their number one priority...

Tempest

Yeah, but this was pretty obvious. See attached pic.

post-1464-1223140854_thumb.jpg

@zach1845: Thanks for the quick response. I'll send it back today.

Joe

Tempest

Yeah, but this was pretty obvious. See attached pic.

post-1464-1223140854_thumb.jpg

@zach1845: Thanks for the quick response. I'll send it back today.

Joe

I wouldn't say it was real obvious. Panda labels look pretty crappy