IGNORED

Take 'Em To The Woodshed - Recent Purchases and such

RSS Bot

A few days ago I picked up Hard Hitter Tennis (PS2) and Silpheed: The Lost Planet (PS2). Both games I had at one time in the past, but gave up when I was trying to get stuff together to try to get a 360.

I remember HHT being so much better when I had it the first time. It's a good game, but I think games like Virtua Tennis eclipsed it. I only bought it because it was cheap and I remember having a lot of fun with it.

Surprisingly, the "training mode" in the game covers pretty much every aspect of game play. The game gives you pointers on how and when to hit, and what type of shot is better for whatever your position is on the court. You dont really need he training, as the game is pretty simple on its own. When you get into the World Tour mode, especially in the later stages, you really start to get trounced by the AI.

Character creation is extremely basic. You pick from the preexisting models, choose their outfit, serve, volley, and stats - done. Right after you create your character, you get put right into "World Tour" so you can build up his/her stats. The most enjoyable part of this game (for me, anyway) is the mini games. I've always had this weird obession with tennis games with mini games. HHT has one where you spell out words. This is where my basic reading ability shines through. I was fine spelling "EAT" and "LAWN", but I got words like "HUNGRY" and "SUNSHINE" I had to throw my controller down in absolute frustration.

Silpheed I bought just because I missed it. That was another i used to own, but got rid of. I've always been a fan of game that the now-defunct Working Designs brought over. Its the standard shooter, but you get to pick which weapons you want to put on each gun on your ship. Nothing too spectacular, but avery slick presentation for an early PS2 game.

Moving on, I've been looking at my collection and noticing that i have really bought a PCE game in months, and the list of games that I need to get for that system is still pretty sizeable. I also haven't *played* my DUO-R in that same amount of time. Looking on ebay and forums and such, I havn't been able to find a lot of the games that I want. I'm seeing a lot of the FirePros, F-1's, and japanese RPG's that i can't play and enjoy because I can't read Japanese.

When I get a free moment, I might document the collection in its current state. It's writing fodder and I spend countless hours looking at other peoples collections - might as well have someone do the same to mine.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5341