IGNORED

Noelio's Blog - Another Atari/reef store dream

RSS Bot

I went to a sale at the local video store, who once in real life used to sell computers and game systems too.

On display was a 130ST, though the machine was the form factor of the 130XE and had giant circular function keys a la the system buttons on the XEGS.

The keyboard (thanks to my recent pandora pre-order) resembled the keys of the pandora portable and were rather flat to the chassis.

I went upstairs to the warehouse as the guy said "I think we have lots more old stuff there. Let's go check."

Knocking over all sorts of boxes to get to the Atari area there were multitudes of 1050 drives in the sealed boxes, shrink wrapped and all.

I negotiated with the manager as they were sure to be fired out into the garbage one day soon and we negotiated for $50 per perfect box, $25 per imperfect.

***For once***, I actually left the damn place with my truck full to the roof and to the tailgate with 1050's and a few of these 130STs.

I know both the 130ST & 1050s exist in some form but they were mostly unopened and I finally managed a reef store haul!!!

Though I was left hanging with "We've got a lot more Atari stuff but I just can't remember where but it's not 1050's or 130s... Maybe at the warehouse... Will call you if we ever stumble upon it."

Yay me but the reef store got me in the end! I assume there will be more and I'll write about them when they raise their ugly head again.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5345