IGNORED

FS - Atari 2600 Portable Hand Held

ChrisKoopa

I wouldn't necessarily call 2 negatives over two years 'poor feedback'. (Not trying to defend anyone though)

But more and clearer pictures would definitely be helpful.

I was not as concerned with the amount, more the statement on the most recent negative which was also for a handheld system (DS)

Here is what it says....

I WAS RIPPED OFF! DO NOT BUY FROM THE SELLER! ITEM WAS NOT THE SAME AS DESCRIPT

my camera was stolen and all i have is my sisters cellphone to take pictures with

i don't want to get into how angry i am with my camera gone, it cost me the bad feedback for that ds cause it didn't show a cracked hinge

but my past work is very good with portables

there's 2 i have up on my freewebs site you could see

http://www.freewebs.com/chris-koopa/apps/photos/

as for more pictures ill see if i could barrow my sisters cell again and gets some pics of it outside. the mighty power of the sun seems to help out with low quality cameras :P

:update:

i found my old pencam

hope this helps

281bfch.jpg

2sbs7tk.jpg

Edited by ChrisKoopa

I for one am even more confused by those pics. So the cart goes in the bottom side pointing down? Is that a battery from an rc car? Is it just stuck on the back like it looks in the picture?

Looks that way.

How do you even fit an atari into a case that small? I remember taking apart my old 2600, and the board was a lot wider than that!

I for one am even more confused by those pics. So the cart goes in the bottom side pointing down? Is that a battery from an rc car? Is it just stuck on the back like it looks in the picture?

Looks that way.

How do you even fit an atari into a case that small? I remember taking apart my old 2600, and the board was a lot wider than that!

Dude, you can fit a 2600 onto a 2x2 breadboard now a days not to mention the atari on a chip that Curt Vendel and company came up with that is about the size of a nickle.

Looks that way.

Dude, you can fit a 2600 onto a 2x2 breadboard now a days not to mention the atari on a chip that Curt Vendel and company came up with that is about the size of a nickle.

Ok... I was assuming just adapting the original hardware somehow. Now that I think about it, that Atari classic in a joystick must have done something similar...

I've had a couple beers this evening! :)

I would still like some better pics or a better description, not that I'm going to bid at $140 starting. But, come on, an rc battery strapped to the back and the cart too? How do you play this? Holding it straight out in front of you? Then hope the battery doesn't fall off?

If I am out of line please correct me, but that doesn't look all that good.

Edited by HFK

2600s can come in very small sizes these days. ;)

post-5887-1224213061_thumb.jpg

That is a nice pcb....

I take it the cart connector is sticking out the bottom.

But the board is not populated. Where are the chips?

I would still like some better pics or a better description, not that I'm going to bid at $140 starting. But, come on, an rc battery strapped to the back and the cart too? How do you play this? Holding it straight out in front of you? Then hope the battery doesn't fall off?

If I am out of line please correct me, but that doesn't look all that good.

Don't know for sure, however he could be using Velcro or something of that sort. I heard of a few other modders going that route. Ben heck usually had a was to hold the batteries in.

Ok... I was assuming just adapting the original hardware somehow. Now that I think about it, that Atari classic in a joystick must have done something similar...

I've had a couple beers this evening! :)

It's all good dude, beers are great! I plan on having some this evening myself :)