IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Today's kid crap

RSS Bot

When I was a kid (the '90s), there were cool cartoons to watch: Animaniacs, Ren & Stimpy, Two Stupid Dogs, Looney Tunes, Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast, Beavis & Butthead, the list can go on & on. Nowadays, it's SpongeBob and that's it. What's left of the kids' channels is stupid live-action kid-oriented "sitcoms" featuring a bunch of stupid kids like Hannah Montana. And even on Cartoon Network, it's just mostly stuff I don't want to watch. So basically, my question is this: When did kids' cartoons jump the shark? Why did they stop being funny, and why do they all look exactly the same, with the jagged, thick lines? And why do they cancel anything that is remotely funny (Gee, CN is showing Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy a lot. their ratings must be horribly down :roll:) Even Adult Swim isn't fun to watch. The only things I liked were Robot Chicken and The Brak Show. Nowadays, I'm finding myself watching DVDs of the old stuff compared to the new. That's enough ranting for today, and if anyone finds 2 Stupid Dogs on DVD, please let me know.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5370