IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Sun Star (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

And here we have another prime example for the classic graphics-demo-turned-game design:

sunstar.gif

In this one you're moving along a colored grid. Blue and yellow squares are the borders. The white squares move. If you shoot them, they turn green. Now your mission is to catch 10 green squares :twisted:

As you already imagined, the squares try to ram you while they're still white and they run away from you when they turn green.

If you're still following me, there's one additional orange "home" square that'll refuel your energy. That's also where you're returning to, once you catched 10 greens.

I'm sure this game has an amazing background story about rescuing the world and whatnot, but I didn't find the manual online yet :lolblue:

It took quite some time to figure out all of the above described gameplay, so that's why today I only managed to beat the first three levels. Truth to be told, I've no clue about most of the displays and meters that can be seen in the screenshot above. I'm basically relying of the wide range radar on the right bottom and the Energy and Crystal bars in the middle :)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5371