IGNORED

Eurocon 2009 in Vienna

Cool! I will be there, once more. :)

:cool:

Hope that I will be there as well! At the moment I am not 100% sure about it.................

what ???

no excuses ...

......a new home costs €€€€€€€€€€€, no holidays this year, I think that I can´t justify the trip to Vienna to my gf...........

But there is hope, have to check out how much €€€ the accommodation would be...........

• Like 1

I need some more information, as quickly as possible please :)

Flights at the moment are coming in at around £150 return via Zurich into Vienna.

Ryanair offer flights to Bratislava but by the time you factor in the cost and hassle of transfer and the fact it's Ryanair then I don't fancy that! :)

I'd have to travel down to Heathrow to get direct flights to Vienna, and so that would add on costs and lots of time. Swiss are offering good prices from Birmingham at the moment via Zurich as I mention. This seems the best for me.

But I won't book until I have some more concrete details about hotels, location in Vienna, cost for Eurocon etc.

And the price for the flights rises all the time!

Cheers

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BTW: I would walk by foot to Austria for a sealed Stronghold.......097.gif

Ok, so we have one year to find one! :D

I found an easier way for Ivan to get a (homebrew-) sealed STRONGHOLD. It takes just a few steps to get collector´s heaven (but sometimes it ends in a little disaster).

I made a step-by-step pictured instruction - take a look, but DON´T DO THIS AT HOME!!!!!

Step 1: First of all you need a complete Stronghold. For the purpose of testing you can use another game (f.e. Quadrun, Video Life etc.) first.

stronghold01.jpg

Step 2: Second thing you need is a roll of plastic wrap, because seal a game with paper makes no sense...

stronghold02.jpg

Step 3: Third thing you need is an oven (alternatively you can use a lighter, but that method is more risky...)

stronghold03.jpg

Step 4: Cut off about half a meter of the plastic wrap, the game should be skrinked within (it should never be too short but also not to long, otherwise the shrinkwrap might get some wrinkles)

stronghold04.jpg

Step 5: Put the box carefully onto the platic wrap and watch out for dust bunnies and carpet-bobbles - better use a plain surface to to this step!

stronghold05.jpg

Step 6: Wind the foil arround the game box (after that you can truncate superfluous foil)

stronghold06.jpg

Step 7: Adjust the oven temperature EXACTLY to 220 degree centigrade (428 Fahrenheit) - this is the most risky part. The wrong temperature with the wrong plastic wrap could lead to a terrible result!

stronghold07.jpg

Step 8: Put the wrapped box on a grill-grid right on the middle level of the oven

stronghold08.jpg

Step 9: While you wait EXACTLY 30 minutes keep an eye on the box - so 30 minutes feel like 3 hours....

stronghold09.jpg

Step 10 - RESULT: Horrible! - Something went wrong. Too cheap plastic wrap?! - Temperature slightly too high or low?! - A few seconds too long heating-endurance?!

Well, at least it looks like a very rare sealed Atari 2600 game.... ;-))

stronghold10.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it and had some fun! :-))

Michael

• Like 1

I found an easier way for Ivan to get a (homebrew-) sealed STRONGHOLD. It takes just a few steps to get collector´s heaven (but sometimes it ends in a little disaster).

I made a step-by-step pictured instruction - take a look, but DON´T DO THIS AT HOME!!!!!

Michael

ROFL!!!

Btw, we made accomodation costs extrelemy low, just for Iwan and jahfish :D

@Marco: Sorry, Linz didn't work out this time. Linz is Kulturhauptstadt 2009, but there was no way to make something WITH them together (ask Reinhard, he got a lot of grey hair in the negotiations), but there was also no chance to make something WITHOUT them (almost no rooms in hotels, no conference rooms free, and if you find some, they have horrible prices ...)

Edited by ccc---

Step 1: First of all you need a complete Stronghold. For the purpose of testing you can use another game (f.e. Quadrun, Video Life etc.) first.

stronghold01.jpg

Step 2: Second thing you need is a roll of plastic wrap, because seal a game with paper makes no sense...

stronghold02.jpg

Step 3: Third thing you need is an oven (alternatively you can use a lighter, but that method is more risky...)

stronghold03.jpg

Step 4: Cut off about half a meter of the plastic wrap, the game should be skrinked within (it should never be too short but also not to long, otherwise the shrinkwrap might get some wrinkles)

stronghold04.jpg

Step 5: Put the box carefully onto the platic wrap and watch out for dust bunnies and carpet-bobbles - better use a plain surface to to this step!

stronghold05.jpg

Step 6: Wind the foil arround the game box (after that you can truncate superfluous foil)

stronghold06.jpg

Step 7: Adjust the oven temperature EXACTLY to 220 degree centigrade (428 Fahrenheit) - this is the most risky part. The wrong temperature with the wrong plastic wrap could lead to a terrible result!

stronghold07.jpg

Step 8: Put the wrapped box on a grill-grid right on the middle level of the oven

stronghold08.jpg

Step 9: While you wait EXACTLY 30 minutes keep an eye on the box - so 30 minutes feel like 3 hours....

stronghold09.jpg

Step 10 - RESULT: Horrible! - Something went wrong. Too cheap plastic wrap?! - Temperature slightly too high or low?! - A few seconds too long heating-endurance?!

Well, at least it looks like a very rare sealed Atari 2600 game.... ;-))

stronghold10.jpg

Michael

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your pics looks like a modern version of the " Sorcerer´s apprentice"! But something went wrong with your spell!!! :rolling:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...