IGNORED

Strange Cart in my collection...

Atari2600Lives

I bought a collection off of someone on Ebay about 3 years ago. It was over a hundred games and not all were listed. I was moving some boxes a few days ago and stumbled upon a box I had not really gone through. There were about a dozen regular carts but then I find this cart.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inb...w&id=4250062753

I am not sure if this is a proto ...The game itself is actually halloween . I checked the old list and lo and behold he had it listed! I do not know how I missed this originally but I did. My question is , if what it says on the cart is true (guaranteed genuine) and it's a real PCB (no reason to belive it is not). then why is it on an unlabeled cart? Did the guys original cart break? Regardless....does this have any value? Is it basically a coaster once the original casing is no longer with it? Should I consider this as a Halloween cart in my collection....? Is this a halloween prototype?

I am familiar with Best Electornics but I am not sure what you mean....what type of prototype? Did they build it?

I'm pretty sure they take the proto PCBs, and put them in other cart casings. However, I'm betting that's just a no label Halloween with the guaranteed genuine message on it (it's better that way, if you ask me, it's an offical release).

i've been puzzled by this one too ... there is a lot of these around, so i guess we can forget the word prototype ...

what i think of the value? well not that much i guess .... i was puzzled once again, not too long ago, and i just opened up both halloween and texas chainsaw massacre cart i got from jerry, beiing really curious if anything is different from a regular production cart, having those "best boards" in the back of the mind.

TCM with missplaced label

http://www.nicoflash.de/fish/postings/jerry/jerry1.jpg

haloween board

http://www.nicoflash.de/fish/postings/jerry/jerry2.jpg

cartshells and parts

http://www.nicoflash.de/fish/postings/jerry/jerry3.jpg

what do you guys know about American Video, the company producing those titles? did they sell their remaining cart shells and boards to jerry?

are the labels authentic? or selfmade? while the label print looks authentic, i was worrying a bit that the black ink starts solving on the corners ...

the boards also look strange, while this must not mean they selfmade .... any clue on this one?

maybe someone with the original game in box can have a look at the board end without opening the cart, at least to say if it's the same ....

Years ago, in an effort to stop people from making copies and passing them off as originals and also to help authenticate prototypes, JerryG would stick his "guaranteed genuine" stickers on carts such as this. You will often see Best Electronics prototypes labeled this way as well.

In this case, it is undoubtedly a no-label Halloween that he figured someone would balk at because it had no label.

John

the "signature" on your cart looks VERY close to the one i have on a "proto,fake ,what ever you want to call them!"

not sure what's inside the case but i pretty sure it came from JerryG!!

not sure what to think about yours fish!   :sad:  

Take care,

Rick

well i got mine from jerry .... 1 haloween and 2 tcm (with label) ... all of them have a little bit of plastic inside comming from a glue gun (check the pics). now that i opened them, the boards are a bit loose and the cart makes noises when it is shaked. i doubt that american video has always produced their carts that way.

i'm quite interested to find out if a cartridge directly out an original box has the same board .... i don't think opening the cart is needed to check that ...

anyone has a boxed one to check?

I own both of these carts. Both of mine have labels. I acquired Texas Chainsaw from Atari 61 in Minn. Which I understand to be a very trustworthy. And my label looks the same slightly wrinkled but does have some of the black and red fading. It also came with the manual $50.00 about 6 months ago. He went up on the price but I think he had one more think he is asking 100.00 for it.

Halloween i got at 4 Jays in Ca $90.00 which was a bitch to find. It has the red comigh through on the black on the label also alittle more then the Texas. The Boards look the same form the exterior. I know four jays are very trust worthy also. The protos I have no clue on. i have often looked at my games and the poor print on the label and wondered if mine where real also.