IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - I'm not Jesse!

RSS Bot

Lately, I've been getting these weird automated calls for Jesse Read about some sort of debt he's having. Only problem is, I'm not Jesse Read, neither is my mom or my dad. In fact, no one in the whole family's name is Jesse. Well, i just got off the phone with a real-live person who wanted him. Finally, a chance to stop the wrong number calls! I first said "she's not here right now" which is what I'm used to saying when someone wants my mom, but in the middle of saying that after realizing she said Jesse instead of Jill, changed it to "you have the wrong number." But she didn't take no for an answer. "But we're certain this is Jesse's number because that's what directory assistance tells us, now can I please speak with him?!" she snarled bossily. I continued to say "There's no one here by that name." "Is this the Read residence?" "Yes, the homeowner's name is Jill." After all this, she finally said "We'll have to verify this. You'll keep getting messages for him until we do." Great. Now I'm scared of answering the phone due to debt collectors hassling me, but they don't want me. I think this is all is because Mom put her name as "J. Read" in the phone book. I demanded that she tell Qwest to put her name as "Jill Read" in there so we would stop getting stupid people wanting other people, and she said she'll put it on her to-do list. I never realized how many people in my city have the uncommon last name of "Read" until now. All this because some dumb idiot named Jesse Read had to get himself in debt. What a motherf***er. :mad:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5377