IGNORED

Gaming With Rogmeister - Planning A Videogame Want List For Christmas

RSS Bot

I might actually get a video game for Christmas this year...maybe a couple. My nephew, a big gamer, has indicated he might want to get me a game for Christmas...and I could take part in a Secret Santa gift exchange. I've done that in the past at a gaming board...though I'm not sure we'll have one this year. If we do, I want to be ready. In the past, I've wracked my brain trying to think of games I'd like but this year I'm doing it a bit differently. I've gone to GameRankings.com and made up a list of the top 100 PS2 games based on scores they have gotten in various reviews. I've printed out that list of 100 games (I chose to start with PS2 games since I have fewer games for it than I do for the Xbox or GameCube) along with comments on several games. Some comments indicate I have those games (either for the PS2 or for another system) while in some cases I indicate I really don't want a specific game because the genre doesn't interest me (RPGs or certain sports games). I may go on to do this for other systems as well so that, when the time comes, I can offer up a specific want list. As far as the PS2 goes, here are the top 10 games I am left with...ones I don't have and which I would still like...

1. Grand Theft Auto III

2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

4. Burnout 3: Takedown

5. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

6. World Succer Winning Eleven 7 International

7. God of War II

8. Okami

9. Devil May Cry

10. Guitar Hero

If this want list is given any real thought, I guess I'll have a virtual steering wheel in my hand as the top 4 games in this list are driving games or involve a fair amount of driving. I will also mention in my list I wouldn't mind getting those Lego games...Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman...they look like fun but didn't get ratings quite high enough to make the top 100. Lego Batman, in fact, may be the last big PS2 game to come out...apart from Madden. If no one else gets me a Lego action game, I'll probably get one myself.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5380