IGNORED

Elvira meets her Atari 2600 game

neotokeo2001

I hope there will be a PHANTASM 5,wont hold my breath though.If so,they'd better hurry the hell up,Angus is getting up there in age,and it wont be the same without him,Phantasm is done without him AFAIC.

There was no mention of anything but script work being considered for a new movie. Angus Scrimm stills gets around pretty well but they had better start the ball rolling (flying?).

The "Alamo Drafthouse" mentioned in that clip is a (small) chain of theaters here in Austin that serve food and drinks while you're watching films. They do a great job of presenting movies, don't have any craptastical ads in front of the films (well, except their OWN ads), and have all sorts of special movie screenings. I'm guessing this clip was made for a Phantasm festival and would have been shown before it. Alama Drafthouse kicks major ass.

http://www.drafthouse.com/

Lots of horror-related stuff going on there now, thanks to Halloween. :)

..Al

There is another big show coming early next year, MEGACON. Looks like a BattleStar Galactica Reunion but there are several other big names. Anyone that wants to participate by making a game please check out this post for guest that will be appearing.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133410

If you would like to spend weeks or months making a game that only 5 people on the planet will see . . . :D

The programmer can release the game on as many cartridges as they would like. It is not just limited to the autograph cartridges. This is a chance for the programmers to get a unique collectable and also to encourage more Atari programming.

Dawn of the Dead was a tweaked version of my already released hack.

Elvira is only for these autograph cartridges due to agreements that were made. Sorry. I wish I could release more.

Phantasm is being considered for a Limited Release. Anybody interested?

No disrespect towards Don Coscarelli,but i DO NOT understand why PHANTASM 5 was put off to instead do a movie like BUBBA-HO-TEP,THAT was dumb,and when compared to PHANTASM....stupid crap,AFAIC.

How can you call at Bruce Campbell movie dumb. :x

Exactly what I was thinking, Bubba was funny as hell. I know there is gonna be a Bubba 2 that is a prequel coming soon also but in the same regaurd Phantasm 5 should get the nod ahead of Bubba 2 though, Bruce ain't gonna kick the bucket on us in the mean time. Angus on the other hand is in his early 80's and if there is to be another movie, NOW IS THE TIME BOY!

Bruce ain't gonna kick the bucket on us in the mean time.

In the mean time I get my Bruce fix on USA's Burn Notice show. They must have to sit on him constantly in order to contain the Bruce-isums, but every once in while he lets one fly that has me grinning for weeks (Cool is cool, baby). Kool to know Bubba 2 just might be a reality, even my mother was chuckling at Bubba-Ho-Tep.

No disrespect towards Don Coscarelli,but i DO NOT understand why PHANTASM 5 was put off to instead do a movie like BUBBA-HO-TEP,THAT was dumb,and when compared to PHANTASM....stupid crap,AFAIC.

Rumor is he always planned IV to be the final one and all the talk about V was just to placate those who had a "WTF??" reaction to IV.

BTW - on the Alamo clip, note the dialog is pretty much the reverse of the final scene of II.

Man, Cassandra Peterson is still keeping it together. A little trivia for you. She broke up with her husband who was her manager and had, of all things, an open yard sale to sell off most of her Elvira stuff. I was THIS close to going over there. It turns out she wasn't there, though.

Edited by mos6507

Neo,

Thanks for the cool pictures! It looks an awesome time was had by all. One thing I love about these Comic shows are how down to Earth everybody is. Stars don't act like stars... they act like people.

Quick story:

A few years ago I was attending a comic/anime show in Boston. I had to hit the can so I walked up to a stall and started to go. As I was relieving myself, who came up next to me but the late and great James Doohan! My name being Scott, I said "Thanks for having to use the name Scotty... do you know how many times I hear 'Beam me up Scottie!' on a daily basis?" jokingly. He turns to me and smiles, "You think YOU hear it often?!?"

Truly a class act. Afterwards we shook hands (after washing of course). A great man who is surely missed.

Edited by tremoloman2006

I went to quite a few cons in the 80s and met most of the Trek people including Doohan. I think Majel Barrett was the most accessible. I went to a show where she was plugging TNG right before it debuted and after her speech she hung out directly in the main hall, not just signing autographs, but spending a lot of time just having conversations with people. The autographs really don't mean much if you can't squeeze in some kind of human interaction. In contrast, I went to one show with Nimoy and he spent forever talking about his Brookline childhood rather than Trek, and didn't even sign any autographs afterwards. Sorry to say he is a really boring public speaker. He needs a foil to work off, like Shatner.

I also went to a James Bond convention around the time Goldeneye came out and Michelle Yeoh was there. After she spoke she actually let people take photos of them with their arms wrapped around her. I'm not sure I would have been quite so gracious ;) You never know if there is a stalker fan out there like the guy in Blades of Glory.

Edited by mos6507

How can you call at Bruce Campbell movie dumb. :x

Yeah,i like Bruce also.But Bubba,i thought was a silly angle or story,Elvis in a retirement home?haunted by an ancient Egyptian mummy?!?!doesnt do nothing for me,sorry.Could've done something better with an actor of his calibre.I heard Bruce was to get the starring role for the supposed Phantam 5,but thats only like 1 of the tons of other things/rumours ive read regarding P5

Edited by Rik

What did you guys think of Phantasm 4?I thought it was really neat,especially the part that goes back in time when The TALL MAN was good,and how he turned evil.What is your fave Phantasm movie,1,2,3,or 4?

Rumor is he always planned IV to be the final one and all the talk about V was just to placate those who had a "WTF??" reaction to IV.

BTW - on the Alamo clip, note the dialog is pretty much the reverse of the final scene of II.

Theres like a hundred rumors circulating about Phantasm 5.I'm just dont know which to believe.I guess we should never say never,especially when it comes to the movie industry,they change their minds the last SECOND!

Edited by Rik

What did you guys think of Phantasm 4?I thought it was really neat,especially the part that goes back in time when The TALL MAN was good,and how he turned evil.What is your fave Phantasm movie,1,2,3,or 4?

IV is tied with I as my favorite.

"Ice cream man... It's all in his head..."