IGNORED

AtariProtos.com Launched

Albert

http://www.atariprotos.comMatt Reichert (aka Tempest) has launched a new website, AtariProtos.com, dedicated to providing information about prototypes for various Atari systems. Presently Matt only has the 2600 section online, but he has accumulated a great wealth of information about the many Atari 2600 prototypes that have been discovered over the years. Matt describes each prototype in detail, including different versions of the same game and how they differ from each other as well as the version that was released (when applicable). There's also a healthy assortment of screenshots accompanying each entry, as well as pictures of the actual prototype boards and cartridges. If you're interested in prototypes at all, head on over to AtariProtos.com today!

Neither did I! Now keep in mind I've only done pages on prototypes I can get a rom file for, there are tons of prototypes I haven't been able to review yet but I know they exist.

The 5200 section is coming next, that shouldn't take me nearly as long (90 or so prototypes as compared to 150+)

Oh and just so everyone knows, the A-Team and Saboteur pages will be updated in two weeks when I get those prototypes dumped. For some reason my new EPROM dumper doesn't like those protos.

Tempest

Holy Cripes!! What a sweet site Tempest.

You can really tell while browsing that alot of time and effort went into this. The wealth of knowledge is outrageous. Truely a labor of love I suspect.

I give this site 5 joysticks up. (Out of 5) Looking forward to your updates.

Neither did I!  Now keep in mind I've only done pages on prototypes I can get a rom file for, there are tons of prototypes I haven't been able to review yet but I know they exist.  

Tempest

Yes, I own some Prototypes, they missing on your site.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, the ROM was dumped by Scott, for some month ago. And I own the Prototype now. And some others, where I have no ROMs.

And here is my site. Use everything you need from there. :D

My Prototypes

Great site Tempest. Thanks.

Will there some ROMs for download later?

:) :) :)

One question -- what does this mean:  

All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!  

I'm afraid that the true meaning is a secret that I cannot reveal... :D

Actually it's a take off of the famous "All Your Base Are Belong To Us!" line. That saying was all the rage about a year or two ago. It comes from a poorly translated video game (Aero Blasters maybe?), and just became one of those things gamers would say to each other.

Tempest

One question -- what does this mean:  

All Your Protos Are Belong To Us!  

I'm afraid that the true meaning is a secret that I cannot reveal... :D

Actually it's a take off of the famous "All Your Base Are Belong To Us!" line. That saying was all the rage about a year or two ago. It comes from a poorly translated video game (Aero Blasters maybe?), and just became one of those things gamers would say to each other.

Tempest

The game was Zero Wing on hte Sega Genesis.. Fun game, bad translations..