IGNORED

Elevator Action, Legit?

HFK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200266926694

While I am quite sure this auction will not make it till it's ending I'm curious. Can anyone say if it is real? He has a couple of facts but the picture is the same one from the atariprotos site, wouldn't you take a new one? It has the same cropping on the pic and all.

So, real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200266926694

While I am quite sure this auction will not make it till it's ending I'm curious. Can anyone say if it is real? He has a couple of facts but the picture is the same one from the atariprotos site, wouldn't you take a new one? It has the same cropping on the pic and all.

So, real?

Maybe this will make it to the end. It seems like the seller went full tilt and payed Ebay a premium price to sell the proto. Anytime someone types in Atari 2600 they will see this guys auction highlighted in purple first. My guess is the more money Ebay gets the less likely they will pull the auction.

He probably doesn't want to open the cartridge up to take a new one. This seller is legit, I'm sure his proto is as well.

I am under the impression that this is just a board and not in a cartridge housing. From the auction:

There are two known PCB's in existence, both with the same version of the game, which is playable but incomplete (it's about 70-80% complete). The PCB works!

and

I just tested the board, and it works great.

While I don't doubt the auction is legit, I don't see any reason why the seller shouldn't have taken new pictures instead of recycling images from another website.

..Al

Hi there,

If this is the same proto that was dumped for the CGE release and the same ROM in the database here then it's not guaranteed to work every time. If the ROM starts in BANK0 then it could crash. The start routine in BANK0 jumps to SARA RAM instead of jumping to the start routine in BANK1. If the start of SARA RAM is cleared with zeros then it will start fine but you are not guaranteed the SARA RAM will be zero at start up.

This is very legit. I think that this is the one DP sold to Marco who sold it to this person. I think there actually may be only one proto out there.

Tempest

I have another one, got it from the same source as Marco did.

Were there any differences in the dumps of the two boards?

..Al

I was told they are identical.

$2028.25 plus $6 shipping :-o

Edit: pretty high when you consider the ROM has been released.

Not really, in my opinion. Yes, the ROM has been released, but it's still very unique in terms of Atari 2600 history. Only two of these prototype boards are known to exist, and even with the ROMs out there, you still only have two known pieces of hardware connected to this game. If you're a prototype collector, opportunities to get your hands on unique prototypes like this are far and few between.

..Al

Good question? They only have a feedback of 4. Of course, it could be someone with another account. Somebody driving up the price :ponder: ??

IT went for a grand more because of that feedback 4 guy. :ponder:

And almost 2 grand more if you include the feedback 0 guy. ;)

Very true, there might have been some hanky panky going on. :P