IGNORED

Pac Man Plus?

Inky

I actually preferred Pac-Man Plus as well (hence my Avatar) :)

That would be a *great* hack! :)

I would think hacking Jr. PacMan would look closer (you could get the full size maze, and have it scroll - a la Ms. PacMan NES)

Just a thought ...

By the way, Inky - I notice that your avitar is also from PacMan Plus (or Pac & Pal) - I don't know if you noticed, but the monster eyes are closer together than normal in those two games (one pixel apart instead of two like the others)

Boy - I should get a life, huh? :D

Hacking the monster and bonus graphics wouldn't be hard, but making the maze disappear or one of the monsters indifferent to the power pills could be difficult...

Not changing one of the monsters after eating a power pill wouldn't be that tough, but making the maze vanish sure would. You couldn't turn the maze to black because it would turn the dots black as well. (Both the maze and dots are done with playfield graphics.)

You'd need some sort of bit mask to apply to each byte of the maze when the maze is supposed to be invisible.

Was that all the possible effects? I know of turning the maze invisible and of having one ghost not turn blue. I also remember that when you eat the fruit, the ghosts become invisible, and any you eat are worth double points.

I'd certainly like to see a Pac-Man Plus! I liked the variety it brought to the regular Pac-Man.

Hello!

Actually, in Pac Man Plus, the maze AND dots BOTH dissappear, (or actually, are the same color as the background - because you still eat dots and follow the maze) so that actually would be correct.

The double points by the fruit thing is also correct, but the monsters turn insivible instead of blue, and they only show up when flashing.