IGNORED

Just got a supercharger!

BeerGnome

Now can any one help me out with how to hook it up to the computer to flash games to it?

I tried with the wav file that came with the zip of suicide adventure, but the unit kept telling me to rewind the tape when ever I brought up the media player to play it.

I'm also hooked up to the line out jack of the sound card? should I swap to the speaker out?

in any case, it came with five games and they all work great

$100 Ebay special

I think when I did mine, I plugged it into the speaker jack of the soundcard. From there, I turned on the Atari and waited for it to tell me to press play. Then I pressed play on the PC.

Keep in mind that unless your supercharger has been modified some of the roms it will not load, while others it will act like it is loading but then crash somewhere.

Cap

After a little bid of thread surfing I got it together :)

I have removed the unit from the line out and started swapping the leads from the amplified PC speaker with the one from thats attached to the speaker out, viola, no more dropped loads!

now Im discovering that a mess of games that I have downloaded with one day having the hope to dump.. dont want to work in the current configuration :razz:

so, I do belive its time to start the mods the directions look easy enough for a former controlls tech, I just wanna get anouther one that aint gonna cost me $100 on fleabay for to do it :)

a starpath supercharger...dude u are so lucky...I want one!  I want one! :D

I know of someone who has a few .. I'll see him at the Cinciclassic and ask. Also I have the Worship the Woodgrain 4 CD set of 400 Atari games for sale. This is made to work with the modified/unmodified Supercharger: $25. Contact me by private email if interested.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I just want y'alls opinion on this.. my win was the supercharger, + 5 games; Phaser patrol, comunists Mutants from space, Fireball, suicide mission, and escape from the mind master, all the games are at least a 4 on the rarity guide, then a search shows that all the games in the supercharger series are about that rating.

my final bid price was $110

good deal or no?

also that CD sounds pretty good!

whether you got a good deal or not is up in the air. If you wanted a supercharger and got a good one with 5 games for it then it was a good price for you. I've got 2 of them boxed with phaser patrol on ebay in the last two years and spent about $20-$25 on each one. They may be getting harder to find and get ahold of so you might have to pay more for one now.

Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $5-$10 on a supercharger cass. game because they are also available on the much more handy CD. If you wanted the whole setup for a collection and not just to play then it probably looks nice to have it complete with a few games.

I got mine with a full set of the tapes for $50, but I think that was a fluke because the store didn't know it's true value. On the other hand they charged me almost $180 for a Vectrex, but that came complete with 20 games, instructions, overlays and FIVE controllers - so even though it cost me more than a Vectrex alone ($70-$80) I felt that it was worth the price. As you can see, it's all "rrrrrrrelative" as Sylvester McCoy likes to say.

I got mine with a full set of the tapes for $50, but I think that was a fluke because the store didn't know it's true value.  On the other hand they charged me almost $180 for a Vectrex, but that came complete with 20 games, instructions, overlays and FIVE controllers - so even though it cost me more than a Vectrex alone ($70-$80)

Hey what a haul. Do all the controllers work? If you need help fixing a controller just ask!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA