IGNORED

Jedi Outcast

DuckandCover

Funny how your gaming interests shift around. I was extremely hyped about the release of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast when it was released a few months back. As is my custom, I didn't rush out and buy it immediately, but I waited around for a sale. I finally found one at Circuit City and bought the title. However, I was deep into other games at the time, so I didn't spend much time with the game initially

The problem is, the first part of the game was somewhat routine. Just sort of an average Star Wars themed FPS in which you solve puzzles and blast Stormtroopers into oblivion. It was pretty to look at and offered some solid action but...it just never really fully engaged me.

Boy does that change once you lay hands on your trusty lightsaber! From that point onward, the game keeps getting better. It's sort of a gamer geek's wish fulfilled: getting to play a Jedi and mop up on a variety of dark side bad guys. Once you get through the first part, which is really okay, just not spectacular, it's an incredible experience.

Thanks for your opinion on Outcast. I bought it not too long after it came out, but it's been languishing on my shelf waiting for me to have some time to play. I really enjoyed the first two games, so I'm hoping I can get into this one the same way. I'll keep in mind that if it seems to be dragging early on, that it should improve when I get the light saber. :)

..Al

I haven't played outcast, nor will I purchase it without seeing a demo first..

I loved Dark Forces, and I was into Jedi knight... Up until some of the later levels that were fairly well un-intuitive in level design (IMHO) at which point I enabled the cheats to get through.

I got this one the first week it came out but I still haven't finished the single player missions. The multiplayer was too much fun for a good month this summer. The lightsaber was key, walking around with no weapons drawn and waiting for people to challenge you to saber duels made it really feel like being in a Star Wars movie :jango:

And once you get good with your force powers you can even fight well against people with big guns just using the force and your sabre. I usually play as a Dark Jedi and go around choking and zapping people with lightening, too fun.

The online game was only fun for a few weeks because of hacks and immature players but they've patched it up 2 times now with mixed results, I still play it every once in awhile to get my Star Wars fix. If you are going to play online its best to keep an eye out for the new ProMod which improves the lightsaber aspects of the game and does a better job of keeping out online cheats than the vanilla version.

I haven't played outcast, nor will I purchase it without seeing a demo first..

I loved Dark Forces, and I was into Jedi knight...  Up until some of the later levels that were fairly well un-intuitive in level design (IMHO) at which point I enabled the cheats to get through.

They released a nice single player demo a few months back. And I've seen it on a few PC gaming CD's also.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=53

its about 67mb.

can anyone tell me how to get past the ATwalkers in level 2 ?

Im trying to keep my men from being killed but that walker comes out

so I jump on the big cannon to shoot it but while Im doing that the

stormtroopers kill off all the rest of my guys and the level ends..

how do you get past this?

thanks for any info~

always,

Jet~ ;)

Well, I'm not that great at description, but I'll do my best...

Once you've used the lifts to reach the area where you can see the platfrom on which the escaped prisoners are gathered, resist the temptation to jump on the cannon. Instead, wait, blast a few stormtroopers, hide out in the room to the right for a few secs...etc. After a few moments, the large hanger that is near the prisoners' platform will open and a second walker will come out. Jump on the cannon and blow it apart. This will keep the prisoners from being killed. There are other cannons along the canyon wall which you can use to rid yourself of the walkers in the canyon.

If this doesn't help, you might check out this walkthrough if you're still stuck. Good luck!

AH!!! THANK YOU DuckandCover! Im going to do it!

Thanks for the link to the walkthrough also, but Im just stuck in this

one part. I will follow how you did it and see if I can get through.

a walkthrough might spoil the game cause I don't have the will power

to stop myself from reading all of it...LOL,

you only get to play it once for the first time~

thanks for your help! This is perfect ;)

always,

Jet~ :wink:

Heh...I bought this game a long time ago too. Then I installed it. Played a little bit of the single player and then tried multi-player. Oops. That was enough for me. I had no clue what I was doing nor did I feel like memorizing what seemed like thousands of keyboard commands. So...my FPS of choice continues to be Q3.

Cap