IGNORED

Gaming With Rogmeister - Cutting Down On My Game Systems

RSS Bot

Regarding video games (and DVDs and audio CDs), I just have way too much stuff. Now I'm thinking of not only weeding out the lesser games but possibly also throwing out some complete systems (and, of course, the game libraries that go with those). Some would say I'm crazy and that I'll miss those systems. But in the last year, I've given away both my Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis systems and I don't miss them one bit. So I feel I can throw out a couple more systems I've never been into all that much and will never miss them. I have 13 systems and might try getting rid of at least 3 of them...maybe one a week for 3 weeks...until I'm down to an even 10. Here's what I currently own...

1. Atari 5200 (Atari's 2nd cartridge system)

2. Atari Lynx (Color portable unit)

3. Atari Jaguar (Atari's final system)

4. ColecoVision

5. Super Nintendo (SNES, Super NES, it goes by many names)

6. Nintendo 64 (Nintendo's final cartridge-based console)

7. Nintendo GameCube

8. Nintendo DS (Portable)

9. Sony PlayStation

10. Sony PlayStation 2

11. Sega Saturn

12. Sega Dreamcast

13. Microsoft Xbox

So which systems will I be getting rid of? It's easier to begin by stating some systems I am definitely keeping...GameCube, Xbox, Playstation 1 & 2, Nintendo DS, Super Nintendo...after that, it becomes unclear. I do like the Atari 5200 though it's been a couple of years since I layed it...there are at least a couple games I have for it that I really like that aren't available on other systems (Pengo, Miner 2049er). The Jaguar has a couple games I love (Wolfenstein 3D, Tempest 2000, Alien Vs. Predator) so I want to keep pit, too...and the Lynx is a portable and doesn't take much space. So, for now, it looks like the ones to go will be ColecoVision, Nintendo 64 (which I never got all that into) and Sega Saturn. Subtract those from my collection and I'll be down to my goal of 10 systems. The funny thing is a relative of mine asks me once in awhile when I'll get a new gaming system...but that's something I don't see happening.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5434