IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - VOTE!

RSS Bot

You know what I hate? People telling me to vote on election day. I mailed my ballot in a week ago. And it didn't even work, either. I voted for McCain, and Obama becomes president. It has been all over the place, people telling me to vote. Heck, I even put it on my own website, but only because everyone else (including this very website) tells me to. I DID! OVER A WEEK AGO! Geesh! Also today, I was having a heckuva time getting my Toobin' game to work properly. Yesterday, I had to fight with the thing for a few hours just to get the scanline to constantly read 262. Today it was getting the aliens and their spears right. What I wanted to do was once you shot the alien, have the spear continue to go across the screen. Well, after a few hours of fiddling with the code and cursing and hitting my stupid computer, it finally did what i wanted it to. Now what's next is to think up of two or three more enemies to put in the game. My plans include once you get to a certain point (say every few thousand points), have the river narrow. This would probably go better if i have different waves (like in Klax or Joust). At the end of every wave, I'll have the guy go down to the bottom of the screen and then have it say "WAVE 2" or something like that. Also, with every wave, I'd have the river move faster and faster down. If you think it's too easy now, that's because i'm only working on programming wave 1. Heh, I just thought it's funny about having waves in a game that's about water. Funny *and* fitting. And by the way, it's not an exact port, but i'm trying to have it have at least some similarities to the original. You can find the latest binary file in the TooBbin' topic in the batari BASIC forum. Ciao!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5437