IGNORED

Cheese on a breadboard

mimo

This thread was started as a bit of fun, sorry if some people can't understand the concept.

I have no problem with what Unixcoffee is trying to achieve,and wish him well, if it turns in to an Atari on a chip or whatever then great and I will probably buy a couple.

So, please don't use this as a place to e-bully, that was not the intention at all

I hope this thread doesn't kill the project... :ponder:

I concur... Lots of discouragement can do that... Encouragement on the other hand...

I just don't get why you guys are mocking another's endeavours. What about the next generation, or the next past that generation, that doesn't have access to the hardware we do because we used it all up in projects that never get shared, or the hardware itself never made it through time. Being able to build one from scratch with low cost parts rather than custom ICs that won't be around forever doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. To a few others here as well it seems. I'd be most impressed if in 30 or 40 years I have a grandchild bring over his science project that he's working on for school, knowing his grandfather is an avid Atari lover, and it's a working Atari on a breadboard. Or even better: a wire wrapped Atari...

What's the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say...

This FPGA idea is cool too... Everything together on one chip would be nice... A one-chip Atari with an SDrive, cartridge slot, SIO connector, and two DB-9's for some sticks or whatever else... Hell, I might even fund it... Oh no, wait, no one's interested in that sort of thing...

That said... I do get the humor of the thread though :roll:.

Edited by dwhyte

I hope this thread doesn't kill the project... :ponder:

I concur... Lots of discouragement can do that...

i disagree, anyone attempting a huge project like cloning an entire 8-bit onto a breadboard will be doing it for their own love of the thing so if a relatively harmless message board thread taking the mickey out of their thread titles puts them off it's pretty fair to say that they didn't have had the staying power to finish it anyway.

What's the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say...

After saying "Have any of you here considering suing your brains for non-support?" that's somewhat hypocritical of you.

I don't really see how this thread discourages the breadboard project. It's just a bit of fun at the title of another thread. Personally I nearly fell off my chair laughing when mimo started the thread :D (Just my poor sense of humor I guess?)

Come one guys lighten up already. I'm sure the vast majority of us are watching the "real" breadboard threads with great interest. Sadly my electronics experience is no where near a level where I feel I could contribute, but I'm reading what goes on in there to keep abrest. If the project produces something that benefits the community (including a better understanding of the components of our beloved machines) then everyone will be really happy. Good luck to UnixCoffee and everyone who contributes.

After saying "Have any of you here considering suing your brains for non-support?" that's somewhat hypocritical of you.

Only somewhat?

What can i say, i'm more subtle than most. =-)

Now, can we get back on topic because i want to talk about cheddar some more!

What? No Mozza or Swiss?

i've always considered Swiss cheese a bit of a con, after all you're paying for those holes!!

surely the holes weigh nothing, or are you buying cheese by length?

You pay for the weight of the packaging too, the holes are covered too so that's more weight right there.

swiss cheese tastes too plasticcy...no wonder it's very holey

disappointed that no-one wants to join me in some welsh rarebit....cheese on toast

I'll join you Carmel. I usually have a very sharp white cheddar (called New York cheddar, as opposed to Wisconsin cheddar which is less strong, less crumbly, and a deep yellow) on my welsh rarebit.

Stephen Anderson

swiss cheese tastes too plasticcy...no wonder it's very holey

You must try some Canadian Swiss... very tasty... no plasticity... but it's only good on toast if there's ham or turkey involved as well...

Though I'm going to have to give this rarebit stuff a try... Looks like it'd be tasty...

Edited by dwhyte