IGNORED

River Patrol already at $304 on E-Bay

cougar302b

Unbelievable on how much some carts are going for these days. I am getting more and more discouraged by these prices. I am almost tempted to buy it because last one I saw went for around $220. Who knows how much the next time around. Hopefully Wolfman will correct me if I am wrong on the price on how much the last River Patrol went for.

Edited by cougar302b

I'll wait to bid on one that comes with a guarantee, isn't a stock photo, etc.

I did e-mail the seller to ask if it had been tested and works and got some vague "my Atari died but it used to" answer.

And I'm loathe to trust this seller based on their Rescue Terra auction which features a "stock image" which appears complete, but the description says "this auction is for the cartridge with box, instructions are NOT included." Hmmmmm.

Pass.

I'll wait to bid on one that comes with a guarantee, isn't a stock photo, etc.

I did e-mail the seller to ask if it had been tested and works and got some vague "my Atari died but it used to" answer.

And I'm loathe to trust this seller based on their Rescue Terra auction which features a "stock image" which appears complete, but the description says "this auction is for the cartridge with box, instructions are NOT included." Hmmmmm.

Pass.

His F.B. is not too bad, but you are right on the stock image photo. Maybe I will let this one go. Hopefully another will pop up soon.

Pass.

I also messaged the seller about Rescue Terra, asking specifically if the box was included because it was not listed as being included in the original auction text. The seller went back and added it in after I asked about the box (and before any bids were made, so the auction didn't get flagged as being revised). This did not inspire confidence in me, let alone the auction text that reads, "I am selling this cartridge AS IS, and will not be accepting returns. The picture shown is of the actual item you will receive."

I have emailed him/her a couple of times asking if the end label is intact or if it is in working condition; have not got a response??? :ponder:

I really don't understand why a seller of a high price item like this would not take more pictures. I took at least 6 pictures of my game when I sold it, with a picture of the TV with the game being played.

Unbelievable on how much some carts are going for these days. I am getting more and more discouraged by these prices. I am almost tempted to buy it because last one I saw went for around $220. Who knows how much the next time around. Hopefully Wolfman will correct me if I am wrong on the price on how much the last River Patrol went for.

If one went for $220 I missed it. I am not perfect. :)

It is around a $350 to $500 game loose. This is one of those Weird games, that prices, go all over the place on.

I would be real careful on this one. Ask for other pictures before you bid on it. HHW

I have emailed him/her a couple of times asking if the end label is intact or if it is in working condition; have not got a response??? :ponder:

I really don't understand why a seller of a high price item like this would not take more pictures. I took at least 6 pictures of my game when I sold it, with a picture of the TV with the game being played.

Yes, I remember when you sold yours lots of great pictures showing all angles and the screen shot was great too. I lost out on that one, but it went high which was great for you. Who bought that one? If I remember correctly that buyer bought up a bunch of rarer stuff within a few weeks. I too do not understand why there is only the one picture with this one though given the rarity of the cart. Cheers all, FB

On another note, are these all stock photos??? All 3 games being sold, Halloween, Rescue on Terra I, and River Patrol have been taken, but with a different background? I find that strange. Why would you not take photos of the games you are selling in all the same location? Just the skeptic in me I guess. Has anyone seen these photos before? The River Patrol one looks very familiar to me, but I will be damned if I can place it. :ponder:

On another note, are these all stock photos???

Good question.

Originally, his listings said specifically that they were stock photos, but I just checked again and now they've been edited to say "The picture shown is of the actual item you will receive." Of course, that still means something's fishy as the "actual item" photo of Rescue Terra includes the instructions which he specifically says are not included.

But for my money, anyone named "old_skool_games" who can't access an Atari to test these games is suspect in my book from the get-go. I sure hope these auctions work out for the winners, but this seller raises too many red flags for me.

If anyone from AtariAge wins these, I hope you'll post some follow-up so we'll know how it all worked out.

Yes, I just can't place where I have seen it.

:) Boxed in great shape, $3000+ sounds realisitic to me.

I would say more. If there was a second one that was sold soon after, it probably would sell for $3k. Depends on condition though. Those CIB R9-R10 collectors are quite picky and condition can sometimes halve what you get

I have seen that River patrol picture also in another auction. Question--what does everyone thing the next boxed river patrol will hit? $3000+?

I know that I have seen that River Patrol picture before too! It was in an auction from earlier this year I think.

This did not inspire confidence in me, let alone the auction text that reads, "I am selling this cartridge AS IS, and will not be accepting returns.

Hey, that is not the only thing he sells. Check out the blurb at the top of his store page.

"Welcome. I sell Family.Please add me to your list of favorite sellers. Come back soon."

Obviously in the import / export business. :D

Hey, that is not the only thing he sells. Check out the blurb at the top of his store page.

Ha! And I'm not just laughing at the "I sell Family" quote, I'm also laughing at my own stupidity.

Never bothered to check out his store, so I assumed "old skool games" referred to video games, hence my amazement that he had no working 2600. Makes a little more sense now...

Still would never spend that much money on anything sold AS-IS.

As a record reseller, I can assure you that AS-IS is more often than not reseller code for "broken, and I know it."

Frankly, that's kinda the whole point of the qualifier...

If I sell a record AS-IS it means there's a big-ass scratch on it and I would never, ever assume it would play without skipping (which I do for everything else I sell) 'cuz that'd be a sucker bet.

• 2 weeks later...