IGNORED

Claning Cartridges

zeroline

I did a search on cleaning game carts on these forums and it seems that if cleaning doesn't work then the cart may just be damaged through leaving it on top of an appliance or other source of heat (sun etc).

In terms of cleaning have you tried alcohol on a cotton ear bud? What about using a pencil eraser/rubber to lightly rub over the contacts to remove any fine residue.

Having said all that my Checkered Flag card has the 'INSERT GAME' error. I tried the cleaning of ther contacts and nothing happened. I nearly gave up on it and was looking out to buy a new one when I tried it several times in my Lynx 2 (the same one that showed the insert game error), i tired probably about 10-15 times when eventally it worked. I had a quick game and turned it off. I've literally tried the game again now and it's started up as normal. Your game may just need to be inserted and pulled out of the Lynxes contacts a few times to clean it that way. If it is some type of dirt on the cart though and doing this works then the dirt can only then end up on your lynx contacts. It might not even be dirt, it could be misalignment of the cart contacts against the lynx contacts.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by im_reg