IGNORED

C'mon EA..... your greed is really showing!

Mendon

Logged onto the PS Store this morning and couldn't believe my eyes: DLC's are available for Need for Speed for a whopping $63.25!!!!

Sorry to tell you this, EA, but NFS is **NOT** a $125 game.... good yes, but not worth the money you're trying to grab.

Mendon

I would hope Bethseda released 63 bucks worth of add-on content for Fallout 3!!!!! I'd be caught hook line and sinker for that stuff. :cool: :cool:

No other game, though.

Logged onto the PS Store this morning and couldn't believe my eyes: DLC's are available for Need for Speed for a whopping $63.25!!!!

Sorry to tell you this, EA, but NFS is **NOT** a $125 game.... good yes, but not worth the money you're trying to grab.

Mendon

:o

Too lazy to go in the store and look, but what are some of the DLC items?

Mendon

I would hope Bethseda released 63 bucks worth of add-on content for Fallout 3!!!!! I'd be caught hook line and sinker for that stuff. :cool: :cool:

No other game, though.

yes all they'd have to do is fill in *all* the buildings, throw some new quest points, activate child murder and I'd easily cough up another $60

I mean I wouldn't do it for much less than that (well I would, but not happily). As long as ea still keeps selling me a *FULL GAME* initially I don't mind addon content terribly.

I think they would really just extend the boundaries, map-wise, of the original Fallout 3. Plus, add all the new quests, weapons, etc. I wouldn't want them to fill in the buildings or add new ones that weren't previously on the map. That would ruin the experience and I wouldn't like it at all.

"Oh...look....a hotel........I coulda sworn this was just a patch of rubble a couple days ago."

No one's saying what kind of DLC it is though...

I'm okay with them nickel and diming the idiots willing to pay extra for themes, gamerpics, paintschemes, etc. But how much of that $60 worth of content is actually worthwhile ingame content?

Edited by Atariboy

Ok so after looking at this, this is another blown out of proportion thread. You don't get half a game, no cars, and buy a tire at a time. This is just like Tiger Woods, if you don't wanna wait for in game money, you can use MS points or PS Store money to purchase items before you unlock them. The game DOES NOT end up costing you $125+, you'll only spend it if you are lazy or impatient.

Ok so after looking at this, this is another blown out of proportion thread. You don't get half a game, no cars, and buy a tire at a time. This is just like Tiger Woods, if you don't wanna wait for in game money, you can use MS points or PS Store money to purchase items before you unlock them. The game DOES NOT end up costing you $125+, you'll only spend it if you are lazy or impatient.

What I'm curious about, though, is if we'll basically get games that are stripped down to a minimum in terms of content so that publishers can sell us additional content online later. For instance, in the past say a racing game came with 12 different tracks. That same racing game sold today might only come with six tracks for $60, and then they'll periodically release new tracks for $5 a pop. So, in the end, you would end up paying more for what you might have gotten in the past for $60. You can bet that publishers will milk this for all it's worth and that games are now being designed with DLC in mind. I can see the design meetings now, "Is this something we have to include with the game or something we can sell later?"

..Al

What I'm curious about, though, is if we'll basically get games that are stripped down to a minimum in terms of content so that publishers can sell us additional content online later. For instance, in the past say a racing game came with 12 different tracks. That same racing game sold today might only come with six tracks for $60, and then they'll periodically release new tracks for $5 a pop.

yeah, it happened with motorstorm. the thing is that the addon tracks are next to worthless, since that game's really only worth a damn when played online, and I'm pretty sure most online users didn't buy the full list of addon tracks. Good luck filling a room with people to race against on your expensive new track.

DLC's nice in theory. No more expansion pack discs--granted it gives us collectors a lot less to do. I have this wonderful dream of a video game system that only has one football game on it, with a DLC every year for teams and engine upgrades. All selfishly so I don't have to wade through so many titles at the thrift store... That'll never go over though.

Edited by Reaperman

You can bet that publishers will milk this for all it's worth and that games are now being designed with DLC in mind. I can see the design meetings now, "Is this something we have to include with the game or something we can sell later?"

..Al

Of course they will if people are dumb enough to fall for it. If people don't buy it they'll stop doing it. I don't blame them for trying to make as much money as possible. I blame the people who seem to like spending more on video games than I do.

This is similar to something that happened to me recently. I bought a Lynx and two games for $24 online, and I also bought Ballblazer 7800 for $8 in a box. Then the games arrived and I played them, with all the content already in there. It was great.

Oh wait. I guess that's the opposite of this. My mistake.

Edited by Atarifever