IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

While the C64 version of S.D.I. never made it, Cinemaware at least delivered Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon:

sinbadfalcon.gif

And in retrospective, that was a much better deal actually I must say :lol:

Like whitnessed with Defender of the Crown before, did Cinemaware again put a lot of effort into the C64 version. And I think they outdid their own Miggy version here again.

Sinbad is powered by the same formula than all other Cinemaware games. You're following a movie-like storyline, playing a couple of fitting mini games along the way. Top notch graphics and music matching the high standard they set for themselves.

You main mission is returning the Calif, who has been transmogrified into the name giving falcon, back into his human form.

To do so, you and your ship crew will travel the world, meeting strange creatures people like a shaman, a gypsy, some kind of a voodoo priestress, skeletons, a man eating cyclops and, of course a genie in a bottle.

The mini games are varied, like sword fighting, jump and run sequences or steering your ship through reefs. One is even a little strategic battle, where you're moving troops around a tactical map.

Of course you can beat it in a few hours. And since the last 20 or so game endings in this series sucked, I decided to post an unusual two pictures from this great Happy End:

sinbadfalcon_x.gif

sinbadfalcon_y.gif

I should mention that I think that overall Defender of the Crown is the better game of the two. Sinbad is a fun gaming experience, but more or less just once, whereas DotC had a ton of replay value.

Some future day the Playing series may see its follow-up "King of Chicago", but first it'll continue with something more inconized.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5478