IGNORED

Selling a super rare black history board game!

homerwannabee

I collect board games as well (big fan of the 3M bookshelf variety) and I'm not sure I would have started this one so high. They don't come up on eBay very often, but as you say, there's not really a huge market, nor one with deep pockets. Tough to determine value.

Be sure to post on http://www.boardgamegeek.com if you haven't already.

"And most likely it will be many years before you see this very historically significant game again."

Don't believe the hype.

Egads, I have actually looked far and wide and only could come up with one other person who actually had this game. And for the past few months of me periodically looking on Ebay I always came up with nothing. It would figure that the minute I put this up for auction another one would also be listed.

Edit: The guy posted his game 1 hour after I posted my game. Talk about your bad luck. Also, as far as the price. I have a reason why I made it $49.99. Unfortunately, I am going to have to probably pay a hefty price if I want this game shipped priority mail. The box shape makes it so I have to find an unusual shaped box to ship it in. So because the post office may hit me with an excessive charge to the shape I decided to play it safe it give it a price I am pretty sure I won't lose money on.

Edited by homerwannabee

"And most likely it will be many years before you see this very historically significant game again."

Don't believe the hype.

Egads, I have actually looked far and wide and only could come up with one other person who actually had this game. And for the past few months of me periodically looking on Ebay I always came up with nothing. It would figure that the minute I put this up for auction another one would also be listed.

Edit: The guy posted his game 1 hour after I posted my game. Talk about your bad luck. Also, as far as the price. I have a reason why I made it $49.99. Unfortunately, I am going to have to probably pay a hefty price if I want this game shipped priority mail. The box shape makes it so I have to find an unusual shaped box to ship it in. So because the post office may hit me with an excessive charge to the shape I decided to play it safe it give it a price I am pretty sure I won't lose money on.

Not sure I understand. Why don't you make the buyer pay shipping?

edit-- Tape two priority boxes together. Or Cut cardboard to fit the top,bottom,and sides then wrap it in tape and mail it that way.

Edited by Buyatari

Unfortunately, I am going to have to probably pay a hefty price if I want this game shipped priority mail. The box shape makes it so I have to find an unusual shaped box to ship it in. So because the post office may hit me with an excessive charge to the shape I decided to play it safe it give it a price I am pretty sure I won't lose money on.

I doubt you'll have to worry about it, because...

I'll be surprised if this sells.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to probably pay a hefty price if I want this game shipped priority mail. The box shape makes it so I have to find an unusual shaped box to ship it in. So because the post office may hit me with an excessive charge to the shape I decided to play it safe it give it a price I am pretty sure I won't lose money on.

I doubt you'll have to worry about it, because...

I'll be surprised if this sells.

What a surprise, a negative and critical post by you. :P To be honest though I posted the auction for curiosities sake. It's an interesting game, with a bit of history behind it and despite the other game with the auction it is actually a pretty rare game. Just look around the internet and you will see what I mean.

Edited by homerwannabee

I, too, wish that whatever was so interesting between Aug 7th and Nov 18th could have continued...

I seriously do not want to see any more of this crap, so it stops now. If you have a problem with PingvinBlueJeans, then send me a PM about it and plead your case. Otherwise do me and everyone else a favor and try to keep on topic.

..Al

?!?!? WTF don't throw it out! Don't you have space to keep it? If not, find somewhere more productive to send it than the trash. This started out as "super rare" and is now going to the trash?! I understand it can be disheartening to put something on ebay and find that at that moment, it's "worthless", but that doesn't mean that it truly is worthless.

?!?!? WTF don't throw it out! Don't you have space to keep it? If not, find somewhere more productive to send it than the trash. This started out as "super rare" and is now going to the trash?! I understand it can be disheartening to put something on ebay and find that at that moment, it's "worthless", but that doesn't mean that it truly is worthless.

Too late it's already in the dumpster.

Edit: I should make one thing clear. If this was a video game system. I would keep it. If I knew someone that actually was around me who would keep this game I would give it to them. If there was no other Game Board known to exist I would keep it. But Lemon Curry has one that is sealed. The other one was auctioned off with no success. No one really wants this game, especially in the condition it was in. So the trash was the best place for it.

Edited by homerwannabee