IGNORED

Strange Cakewalk auction...

pinball22

Is this a repro?

I'd say so. CommaVid prototypes have just a standard white label.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/c...kewalkproto.htm

I've never seen one like that and can't imagine why they would have made one like that.

It's a way of showing it's obviously a repro. Bought it as a proto my ass. I didn't make it but I know who did and they would NEVER pull the wool on anyone. This has to be 3rd or 4th hand sale for sure.

Is this a repro?

I'd say so. CommaVid prototypes have just a standard white label.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/c...kewalkproto.htm

I've never seen one like that and can't imagine why they would have made one like that.

It's a way of showing it's obviously a repro. Bought it as a proto my ass. I didn't make it but I know who did and they would NEVER pull the wool on anyone. This has to be 3rd or 4th hand sale for sure.

I think it is a repro....never seen a CommaVid proto label like that.....

Here is a picture. The Stronghold is real, while the Cakewalk is a repo. "Eprom Cart" was put on the label to prevent people from being fooled by a genuine cart. It's sad to see one trying to be passed off as "I don't know if it is a proto or not" type of auction. Maybe the seller really doesn't know, but most cases they really do know it is a repo.

post-7074-1227656612_thumb.jpg

Next time it will read "Someone is ripping you off!" on the label. :roll:

BTW -- I just want to say how much I appreciate that your (and others') repros are clearly labeled as such, and not just because I hate seeing auctions like this Cakewalk one. Fact is, I'm no expert myself and who knows, in 20 years I may want to sell this stuff and I'd hate to think I might forget the origin of a particular cart and misrepresent it out of my own ignorance. My mind's already slipping and I'm only in my mid-30s. I suspect by my mid-50s, my powers of recall will have dwindled considerably. :)

Besides, it's just the classy thing to do.

So thanks.

So, then what is this Repro Eprom cart really worth ??

I put a small bid amount on it, and was outbidded anyways..

Paulie

~$35, due to time and cart case. I don't even remember how long ago this was made, but it was a looong time ago.

This wasn't enough for some of you JERKS at atariage who immediatly assumed I was trying to pass off a fake as an original. So just to be clear, this cart is FAKE, BOGUS, NOT REAL, NOT GENUINE, REPLICA, PHONY, ECT,ECT,ECT.

lol