IGNORED

Gunslinger picture label

Red 5

This is the kind of statement I was talking about.

Believe me when I say that I take you at your word about your intentions, but I'm a collector and I care and I don't already have one. So when you tell me that they're easily acquired and suggest that any collector worth his salt already has one, it makes me feel a little foolish for failing to acquire one in over 9 months of trying. It may be an unintended consequence of your analysis, but I can't help but feel a little slighted. You're hardly the only one I think does this, so please don't take it personally -- it's just a general observation which I chose to make at this time.

Fair enough.

I think it's worth distinguishing between lots and individual auctions, as they attract different kinds of buyers and are differently affected by a buyer's purchasing power. In your last posted example, the BIN was $130, which is a pretty hefty investment for only 54 games if there's only a single cart I need for my collection. So perhaps part of the problem is that this cart almost never shows up on its own with a low enough starting bid for us to determine what it's really worth to collectors.
Yes, exactly the point I was making. This isn't a high-profile cart, so it's rarely sold on its own, and, undoubtedly, it's usual appearance in large lots complicates its rarity equation. However, and to reiterate, if the carts in those large lots were instead being listed as single cart auctions, the rarity (or lack thereof) of this cart would be plainly evident and it's consequent value would, IMO, be established at about $8-10. Edited by Christophero Sly

Ok. So what's the difference between 75109 text label box and the 75109 pic label box?

Seriously, anyone on this? Because I have a boxed 75109 text label, and I have a loose 75109 pic label, and I'm starting to think - presto change-o - I am now the proud owner of a boxed picture label Gunslinger.

I'm sure I have had these before and never thought twice about them. Not saying it's not a hard cart to find, I just know I have had them and treated them the same as any other common. I may have even traded them to the AA store not sure :( I doubt it though. Over my years of collecting I have bought thousands and thousands of atari games (like many collectors) and I guess I just never knew this was a rare one. I don't really care about sears stuff though so that could be part of it. Anyways, now I know to save it next time I see one :)

Ok. So what's the difference between 75109 text label box and the 75109 pic label box?

Seriously, anyone on this? Because I have a boxed 75109 text label, and I have a loose 75109 pic label, and I'm starting to think - presto change-o - I am now the proud owner of a boxed picture label Gunslinger.

I don't know, but I'd like to hear it from a person who got a boxed one from an original owner, etc...

That is just cause sometimes resellers mix carts and boxes. Take a more common text label box and put it with a rarer pic cart = more money. I'm not saying this seller is doing that here, but a person selling their original collection is likely to have all the correct boxes with the correct carts.

I don't know if there is a difference to be honest.

I think Sears picture labels use the same boxes, but I could be wrong.

I thought Activision Blue Labels were the same boxes too until someone pointed out

the upc code different (or non existent). There may be a minor difference like that.

I don't know if there is a difference to be honest.

I think Sears picture labels use the same boxes, but I could be wrong.

The CIB Sears picture Gunslinger I own is just the same as the one bought by therealred5.

It has the large size manual, (hard to find, and I bet unique to the picture cart,) and although I can't see the back of his box, mine is the one with the glued hanger style box; consistent with my other boxed Sears picture carts.

Just two things to consider if you're trying to "franken" one together.

I noticed a couple other differences after closely comparing the two...

on the front, the words: CONTAINS ONE CARTRIDGE is different between the two. The text cart's box has a font with a rounded, lower case looking "n", while the picture label box has the font with the pointed, upper case looking "N"

On the back, the picture label box has a 1978 copyright and a the warranty info is in a shorter, but longer box. Whereas the text cart's box has no copyright and a smaller, more square warranty info box