IGNORED

Best finds in the wild

Miss 2600

• 1 month later...

my best find ever was probably my 4 switch 2600 with two of thoose game racks and hirty five games not to mention like 14 controllers and i got it for ten bucks

i also picked up a 6 switch (non heavy) and a 400 and a 410 casete player and 30 2600 games 8 400 games and 13 cassets and a ton of manuals (like 5o some) and some controlers all for 20

and one of my other greatest finds ever (and my first atari anything!) was a boxed complete jr with 9 boxed and complete games (the best being busy police) and 3 loose games all for 5 dollers

and not to mention im in canada so i got all theese deals in canadain dollers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

A box at a garage sale for $15 that had:

1. A C64 with all of the cables

2. Floppy drive for C64

3. A box of about 50 5 1/4 floppies filled with games

4. A Boss joystick in the box (2600 compatible)

5. Wheel of Fortune for NES

6. A working guitar tuner

More amazingly, most of my collection has been donations from friends cleaning out their basements!

I once picked up two Beagle Bros. carts for $1.00 each without even knowing what they were. Boy was I in for a suprise. I later passed one of them on to JerryG and kept one for myself. I also recently found in a local thrift over two hundred games, three systems, and a ton of joysticks, all for about $40.00. To say the least, I was pleased.

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

• 7 years later...

I started this thread a looooong time ago, and thought I'd revive it to hear about other success stories out in the wild.

My best find is still the Waterworld manual on the floor of a thrift store and Stargunner with the color label for $1, but I can add Guardian to my list of prized finds in the wild, also in a thrift store. I also bought Spy Hunter from a friend who was given an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games (as well as Crypts of Chaos which isn't as rare, but I didn't have it). It has been a long time since I've been game hunting. What have you folks found?

The first question in

will tell you my best wild find. :D

Please excuse the bad dancing in the beginning ;)

Nice find, little Adventure square guy! ;)

That reminds me of when I was a kid and my folks wanted to find this yard sale. It was way out in the middle of nowhere. We almost turned back. When we got there, though, we found a bonanza! I was a big Monkees fan at the time as their TV show ran in syndication during the 1980s. This family had over 100 teen magazines from the 1960s like 16, Spec, Tiger Beat, and some obscure ones plus a vintage Monkees shirt. We got everything for next to nothing. A few years back, I started selling the magazines one-by-one on eBay. Some sold for $30+ each. One I got over $70 for. I ended up making over $1500 for those magazine. I still have the shirt. I've never seen another one like it. I have no idea what it is worth but it must be super rare. It just shows you can find treasures in the most unexpecting places.

I just picked up a working vader in great condition, five working joysticks (and two more that did not work), two joystick extension cords, a set of working paddles, a working trackball, two working power supplies and about 10 games for $20.

My wife said that I had a grin on my face walking back to the car.