IGNORED

SingStar

moycon

Yep. I dropped $75 and picked up the PS2 version of Singstar 80's and then the PS3 version of Vol 2 of PS3 Singstar.

They have like 400 songs (and videos and words) available on Sony Store ($1.49) and this thing is great fun.

If you have any friends, and those friends like to hang out and drink, then chances are they will want to pick up a (high quality) mic, and belt out a few rounds of this game.

If you haven't yet check it out.

The one downside so far is the mic's aren't wireless.

Ok guys. Blue-tooth, use it.

Anyone else check this game out yet?

If not, and you have company often, get it. I even had the non-gamer Wii owners asking me if this was available for the Wii!! Maybe next they'll pick out a PS3!!??

Edited by moycon

Thanks for the comments. I was debating whether to get this or not. Is the PS3 version any better than the PS2 (or any major differences other than graphics).

I know the Rockband mic won't work and thats the main reason I've been avoiding it but if its fun then I might get it.

Are the videos of the real musicians?

I know the Rockband mic won't work and thats the main reason I've been avoiding it but if its fun then I might get it.

They didn't have any PS3 versions with the mics bundled. Only Vol 2 by itself. (I really wanted Vol 1 mainly because it had a few songs I wanted like David Bowie Let's Dance) anyways..... So I needed the mics and I already had read on IGN the mics were the same for the PS2 and the PS3 versions.

They sold the mics in a pair by themselves for $24.99. Since both the PS2 and PS3 mics are the same (They are very high quality by the way but not wireless) I went ahead and got a PS2 version because it came with the mic's and the 80's version of Singstar for $29.99. Definitly worth the $5 extra for 30 80's songs and the mics. So I was happy I got the mics and snagged Vol 2 anyways just to check the two versions out.

The videos and songs are the real deal. That makes the $1.49 a song on the Sony Store worth it to me because you get the song,m the video and the words to follow along to. Obvioulsy the PS3 version is better because you can buy more songs off the Sony Store (There are around 400 additional songs) but also because if you have a EyeToy hooked up, it will take pictures and record some of your session which can be played back after the song is over, or even saved for later. That is great fun and sure to induce laughs all around, especially if someone REALLY gets into the song.

They didn't have any PS3 versions with the mics bundled. Only Vol 2 by itself. (I really wanted Vol 1 mainly because it had a few songs I wanted like David Bowie Let's Dance) anyways..... So I needed the mics and I already had read on IGN the mics were the same for the PS2 and the PS3 versions.

They sold the mics in a pair by themselves for $24.99. Since both the PS2 and PS3 mics are the same (They are very high quality by the way but not wireless) I went ahead and got a PS2 version because it came with the mic's and the 80's version of Singstar for $29.99. Definitly worth the $5 extra for 30 80's songs and the mics. So I was happy I got the mics and snagged Vol 2 anyways just to check the two versions out.

The videos and songs are the real deal. That makes the $1.49 a song on the Sony Store worth it to me because you get the song,m the video and the words to follow along to. Obvioulsy the PS3 version is better because you can buy more songs off the Sony Store (There are around 400 additional songs) but also because if you have a EyeToy hooked up, it will take pictures and record some of your session which can be played back after the song is over, or even saved for later. That is great fun and sure to induce laughs all around, especially if someone REALLY gets into the song.

Wow....thanks for all the info. (I like the eyetoy feature even though I dont have one)

Its also nice to hear that the mic's are usable on both systems.

I'm not a big singing fan but I have tons of relatives and some friends who love Karoake type stuff.

This is definitely worth it. Thanks again.