and Advance wars and golden sun and breath of fire are also pretty good

if you like strategy or rpg games

dont get irdion 3d, its really too very hard, a nice looking shooter game

but just too hard and not all that fun

the mario advance games are also nice :) you could get doom if you want

thats always a classic or the atari revival :P

i hope it helps some...

Atari-Jess

yeah everybit of info helps, I have gotten away froim Nintendo, soured on the N64 but I saw a 2d Metroid and castvania on GBA and had to have one. I am a big sports, fighting, and side scroller game. Not much into RPGs, never had the patience to finish them :(

After a brief flourish of decent titles (Golden Sun, Bomberman, MarioKart etc..) there's just been loads of dull awful releases. There's some good stuff on the way though, I saw some early shots of Sega Rally today - WOW!!

OK, I now have 10 games for the GBA. I dare say you have similar tastes to me (judging by what you listed above). Here's what I have, and a few thoughts...

The first few are besically NES / SNES ports (they are different in some minor ways), if you liked the originals, you'll like these!!

F-Zero Maximum Velocity

Super Mario Advance (1&2)

Super Mario Kart World Circuit

Castlevania : Circle of the Moon - I didn't get into it very much, not a bad game, just didn't like it enough to play it much.

Ecks vs. Sever - A FPS, very reminiscent of Wolfenstein 3D, maybe a bit linear, but I found this to be a fun game, and only $10 new at Best Buy

Fortress - Think of a cross between Rampart and Tetris, the best game I've played on the system.

The Three Stooges - A C64 remake, very nostalgic for me, it is a bit harder on the GBA.

Fire Pro Wrestling - Sadly, I didn't get a rulebook, so I have no idea how to play it. Nice graphics though.

ESPN Final Round Golf 2002 - Solid, if unremarkable golf game, a great wind down game.

This is all I have, hope it helps out a bit.

I am a big sports, fighting, and side scroller game

While I didn't enjoy any sports or fighting game on the GBA so far, I can recommend the "X-Men" game as a good side scroller. Admittedly no Golden Axe / Streets of Rage, but good fun, especially if you like the X-Men characters.

Greetings,

Manuel

I liked "RAYMAN" - great graphics - little tough in spots - but still a great game - and pretty cheap now - or, if you've got some atari 2600 or colecovision stuff - I'd be up for a trade... Got Tony Hawk 2 as well - another great game - but I don't play it too often, so I might be up for trading that as well.

Right now, the game I play the most is "Baseball Advance" - which AIN'T up for trade... good game - nice, simple - which is what I'm looking for in a baseball game.

Looking forward to "Yoshi's Island" - one of my top 5 fav. games of all time...

Still playing Tetris DX... GREAT GAME!

Anyone tried completing the "40 Lines" option by only getting "tetris's"? (4 at a time?) There are 10 special fireworks that'll shoot off at the end - one for each "4 liner" - pretty cool... Also, anyone gotten 400-500 lines on "Marathon"? Most I've gotten is 387 - tho' it's been a while since I've tried it - might be able to do a little better now. Anyway, the ending "space shuttle launch" was nice - it went way out in space, and did something special - tho I won't ruin that for ya...

like everybodys been recomending, i like the Tony Hawk Pro skate series, advance wars, golden sun, and it's sequel soon to come out. plus if you like classics (ie NES and Watch and Game) they got the E-Reader coming out in a week. you insert a card reader into the GBA and slide these cards, that have classic games on them, through. I think some of the first set of cards is gonna be Excite Bike, Donkey Kong JR, and some pokemon stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

The Atari classics is great. Exact ports of Asteroids, Tempest, Battlezone and Missle Command being my favorite in this group etc. etc. (also includes an Atari trivia gamethat is lots of fun)

Space Invaders is fun. It has the classic version as well as the updated version.

The Namco museum is AMAZING! Pole Postion can actually be played perfectly...the best scores I have ever gottten have been on the GBA (control is excellent). Dig Dug is an exact port as well as Galaga, and Galaxian.

Of course Doom and Castle Wolfenstein are good as well. It blows my mind playing those games on the GBA screen (aahh the memories).

The williams calssics is also very well done. Robotron on the small screen has to be seen.

Try some of the gameboy color games as well like Yar's revenge...probably the game I have played the most recently.

The GBA has become my portable classics player....a whole lot of fun :-)