IGNORED

A 7800 movie

Gorf

Very cool! I'd love to have one of those carts once they're finished. :lust:

Unfortunately I cant release it. Believe me, I wish I could. Im just meeting a long

time personal goal of porting some form of Arcade Gorf( all five screen as close

as I can get them to the arcade) to a bunch of classic systems.

Versions I plan to attempt.

O^2

Astrocade

SMS

I may attempt proper versions and redos of

CV

Channel F

Vectrex

Possibly Atari 8bit/5200

Possibly C-64/VIC-20's

I understand your reasons for not releasing it and I'm not trying to critizise for that but are you going to actually program all those versions of Gorf knowing that no one but yourself is going play them? Why not take what you learned and do something that you could see other people enjoy? Just my two cents.

Allan

Like any system I try to learn to code for, I always use something I coded before on something else

to get around the system and learn it. Gorf7800 is a learnig curve precursor to Warbirds 7800.

Plus there are at least a dozen Jaguar games in the works that will hopefully be released, like

Mad Bodies....hopefully in time for the Christmas holiday.

Edited by Gorf

Like any system I try to learn to code for, I always use something I coded before on something else

to get around the system and learn it. Gorf7800 is a learnig curve precursor to Warbirds 7800.

Plus there are at least a dozen Jaguar games in the works that will hopefully be released, like

Well that's understandable and makes sense since you know the game very well and won't have to wrestle with that aspect of it. It's nice to know that someone else has gotten the hang of 7800 programming. The more people learn how to program it, the closer we'll get to people understanding it like they do the 2600. It's amazing how many games there are for the 2600. It will be nice to see the same thing happen to the 7800, even if it's on a smaller scale.

P.S. Gorf looks fantastic.

Allan

Its far from finished or perfect but some of you asked so here it is so far.

I had to make it off the desktop so the frame rate is actually half of what it really is.

I think it is much closer to the arcade than the Coleco version is.

[attachment=c]

Excited to see your work though the movie doesn't show for me. Tried it in Windows (IE and Firefox) and Mac OS X (Safari & Firefox) and I get text describing the attachment instead of the attachment

Its far from finished or perfect but some of you asked so here it is so far.

I had to make it off the desktop so the frame rate is actually half of what it really is.

I think it is much closer to the arcade than the Coleco version is.

[attachment=c]

Excited to see your work though the movie doesn't show for me. Tried it in Windows (IE and Firefox) and Mac OS X (Safari & Firefox) and I get text describing the attachment instead of the attachment

Try again Drac. I tried to update the video with a MESS made one. Its at a proper frame rate and has sound

but it refuses to upload, so here is the older one again.

Edited by Gorf

Well that's understandable and makes sense since you know the game very well and won't have to wrestle with that aspect of it. It's nice to know that someone else has gotten the hang of 7800 programming. The more people learn how to program it, the closer we'll get to people understanding it like they do the 2600. It's amazing how many games there are for the 2600. It will be nice to see the same thing happen to the 7800, even if it's on a smaller scale.

P.S. Gorf looks fantastic.

Allan

Thanks and yeah, its for the greater good. :)

Works now, Gorf! Must have caught it while you were uploading or something. Looks great ... love the Flagship.

Thanks...still lots to do. Still cant figure a way to do the Warp lines and Flagship explosion.

Need a cart with 8k ram and a Pokey to do this right. No emu supports that unfortunately

and it is how I am developing it.

What the hell are they being so stingy with the franchise for? It's not like they make money on Gorf now. I'd look into parody. Make the sprites something else and call it a parody... if you could get away with it then add a cheat or easter egg to make them arcade again. The parody route is the only way I can think of getting away with a release on your awesome work.

AX

What the hell are they being so stingy with the franchise for? It's not like they make money on Gorf now. I'd look into parody. Make the sprites something else and call it a parody... if you could get away with it then add a cheat or easter egg to make them arcade again. The parody route is the only way I can think of getting away with a release on your awesome work.

AX

It does seem a bit hypocritical since GORF was itself made from other arcade games, like Space Invaders and Galaxian games Midway doesn't own.

I suppose one could somehow combine Phoenix and Demon Attack and make a game from those two games. I know those two games were very popular for the 2600.

AX

It does seem a bit hypocritical since GORF was itself made from other arcade games, like Space Invaders and Galaxian games Midway doesn't own.

I suppose one could somehow combine Phoenix and Demon Attack and make a game from those two games. I know those two games were very popular for the 2600.

Actually, Midway used those other titles under license and still hold the home version licenses

to this day. Namco and Taito still have a strong working relationship with Midway. In fact they

told me that if they were to let me release it, the Namco and Taito permission would be under

their licensing agreement and I would not have to seek them for it. The fact is, I can put Gorf

out as long as I can guarantee Midway no one will steal, copy or pirate it......so you know that

aint going to happen.