IGNORED

Thinking of getting a Lynx for Pinball Jam

Iron Draggon

I'm amazed at how affordable it would be to get into collecting for the Lynx, as well as how easy it is to find most any game for it, still new in the box... so I'm thinking of getting one, mainly for Pinball Jam... so I'd like to know more about it... is it worth getting a Lynx for it?

As a huge fan of spinball myself, I had Pinball Jam back in the day. 2 tables on it IIRC.

It was one of the better games for the Lynx for sure. I also like California Games for

some strange reason. lol Just seemed to kinda fit well with the Lynx. I enjoyed most

games I had for it, BUT... (there's always one of those, isn't there?) I found the screen

looked washed out on the Lynx II system. There is not a contrast control on that puppy

and that severely hurt my desire to want to play it.

I used to sell the Lynx systems at Monkey Wards back in the day and do not remember

feeling that way about the Lynx I system. Can anyone confirm if the screen was better

on the first system?

well I'm sure that I'll end up getting several games for it, since most of them are so cheap... I like SHMUPS, so Gates of Zendocon is a must have... Zarlor Mercenary looks good also... and I'm curious about Battle Wheels... can anyone tell me more about that one? I guess I'll need to get a ComLynx with my system, so I can play that with someone else, right? provided I ever run across another Lynx owner in my area... mainly I'm interested in SHMUPS and racing games, so more info on other similar titles would be most helpful in making my decisions... I also like all the 3D SHMUPS on the system

Edited by Iron Draggon

You might want to check out Championship Rally also. And be sure not to miss Roadblasters! :)

Championship Rally works well wit ComLynxed up to 4 Lynxes.

It also contains tons of hidden shortcuts and you can drive into objects and push them onto the track to distract others ;)

It also contains a shadow-car that shows you the best drive lines you have found so far. And you can tune your car for optimum performance (or to get some handicap if you play against some less experienced player).

Championship Rally would be a good candidate for the High Score group.

--

Karri