IGNORED

How long do you wait until you file a Non-paying bidder?

Atarian7

Do you specify inactive time in your auction?

e.g. "Buyer is expected to make contact within 3 working days of the end of this auction, and payment within 7 days of auction end. If these conditions aren't met, the buyer will be reported and the item relisted".

I've seen it plenty and don't have a problem with it. Of the things I've bought, I've never taken more than a day or two to get payment sent.

I file as soon as it is available unless I agreed in advance to give the buyer more time. It is available after 7 days. This will get some people to pay but not all of them. Since eBay changed their feedback policy I have seen an increase in non paying bidders from buyers with better feedback.

I am seeing the same thing.More deadbeats.. Stared right after the policy changes and is getting worse due to the economy.

I file it on the 8th day.

Since 1999 when I started, I used it once.

Since the new policies started, I have used it 5 times in the last month.

I can't wait for these final auctions I have listed to end and I am leaving and never looking back.

It used to be fun. They have changed it from fun to a stressful, annoying, complicated pile of crap full

of deadbeats and scammers.

I file as soon as it is available unless I agreed in advance to give the buyer more time. It is available after 7 days. This will get some people to pay but not all of them. Since eBay changed their feedback policy I have seen an increase in non paying bidders from buyers with better feedback.

Lucky then the new feedback policy protects sellers from getting a neg feedback from non paying buyers :)

Edited by pangasinan

Lucky then the new feedback policy protects sellers from getting a neg feedback from non paying buyers :)

That just answered my next question.

No it doesn't. I got a negative from a non-paying bidder even after I completed the non-paying bidder report with ebay.

No it doesn't. I got a negative from a non-paying bidder even after I completed the non-paying bidder report with ebay.

Have you asked ebay if they will remove it? What's their policy?

Here is a quote from page.

Enhanced protection for Unpaid Item: In addition to removing Feedback left by buyers who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item process, we now also remove Feedback when the buyer responds but it's clear they did not complete the transaction—for example, if they state they bought the item elsewhere or had a family emergency. Sellers don't deserve negative or neutral Feedback in such cases, and we now remove it.

So Shawn i dont understand why ebay have not removed your neg feedback,unless it was given BEFORE the new rules were brought in.Its obvious that there is protection for sellers also.

Edited by pangasinan

I file after 7 days of no contact. I'm easy to work with, but if you won't talk to me, I'm not waiting more than the maditory time to file.

AX

Sounds like good advice,i have a seller with "0" feedback who has taken my money and wont answer my messages and its been 2 weeks since i paid her,so if it does not arrive on Monday,i will put in a "non arrived " claim and BURN THAT BITCH. :twisted:

I have one right now that has hit buy it now on a strat guide listing several times. He doesn't know English and wants me to explain why he now has to pay. He says he didn't agree to buy anything and told me to cancle the order. I think someone may be punking me... it doesn't seem real. The ignorance, plus the typing and English skills....

AX

I have one now. It's been over 2 weeks and no contact at all. I sent several messages (all polite) and nothing. It's my first ever. In this case I am kinda glad, as the sale price went a bit lower than what I was hoping for.

Is there a blocked bidders list thread. Nice if we can pool our info so none of us get burned in teh future.