IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 6 " Food Fight "

darthkur

I figured out not one, but two good strategies last night. I got just shy of 200,000, but it was in an earlier level than I usually crack that score, so I may have another score in me yet.

Still, there's something annoying me about this game. It's great fun, but unlike Galaga, Q-Bert, and Donkey Kong, there doesn't seem to be "that game" where everything you've learned clicks and suddenly your score explodes. This one is more like Dig Dug, where you slowly but surely eke out a few more points here and there by having to be perfect over and over, level after level.

260,100 (I know I had 260,000 and then hit at least one guy, and then died. I reached for the camera before pausing, and by the time I rached for pause it wouldn't stop. Hoping it doesn't matter, because I'm hoping to top this. I still have it on down there, so if anyone knows how I can get to see the score in the next little while, I'll get a picture.

278,900 Level 24 None the less, granted I got to Level 21 with 5 guys left, but as my luck would have it the chef spawn points were one above one below one in front of me :( For 3 consecutive rounds >:( Then after that misfortune I made it through to level 24. My most fun game ever.

ff3rp0.th.jpg

241,500 :: Never though I'd get it that high : )

Nice Christmas tree.

Ha, it does look like one : )

If you mean the screen shot, it kind of does, yeah :)

But I thought that was what the object was reflected in your screen shot. (I noticed it when I thought the lights were some kind of rapid fire bannanas).

241,500 :: Never though I'd get it that high : )

Nice Christmas tree.

Ha, it does look like one : )

If you mean the screen shot, it kind of does, yeah :)

But I thought that was what the object was reflected in your screen shot. (I noticed it when I thought the lights were some kind of rapid fire bannanas).

Well yes on both accounts. There is a tree in the reflection and the end board is sort of shaped like one too. I may get one more round in today (Played twice this morning with a best of 250,900) so there is still another chance for more reflecting ; )

For the brief moment.

I just discovered the secret to become a 194K player from 70K in two short games....foodfight194200.bmp

Hmmm, curious : )

I may give it a whirl, and perhaps camp the cone area.

Oh, that wasn't it. I didn't mention it. The secret was turning the sound off and putting the "Gain Ground" theme in the background. :)

I thought everone did that already? ; )

792,400 - Level 35

I'm so pissed that I didn't have a camera available when I finally died, nor could I believe that I got anywhere near as far as I did. Anyways, at least I have a witness.

It would not matter if you didn't have a witness. The way I see it, no one on here would lie about their score, as there's nothing to be gained by doing so. In the end, anyone who wanted to lie about their score to nine or ten other people so they could win exactly nothing would not be the kind of person to play Atari. :)

Amazing score by the way.

Edited by Atarifever