IGNORED

Community games

HammR25

Has anyone played a community game that didn't suck? Actually there are one or two I've played that aren't too bad but even at $2.50 to $5.00 I haven't wanted to buy any of them.

There's one shooter that I thought could be pretty cool if it had more enemies. I think the name is Retro One or something like that. I was disapppointed when I switched to the hardest level and that only made you die easier instead of putting more enemies on the screen.

There's also a game that's a fighting game that looks like it would be pretty cool if you were into that sort of thing. I started off as a kid with a baseball bat against a girl. She was dominating me and I'm not into fighting games anyway so I quit but it was otherwise produced pretty well for a community game.

I wish MS would make a place for these people to enter a brief description of their games like on XBLA instead of just the community ratings for sex violence.....etc.....

Has anyone played a community game that didn't suck?

Not I.

The only one I played which came close to being decent was an Astro Blaster ripoff. But since the real Astro Blaster will likely be on the upcoming Sega Genesis Collection for the 360, there isn't much point in getting the knock off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just downloaded Pell Mell and it's a well produced side scrolling shooter. Looks like the people who take their time and put out quality products are now putting their games out to the Community. It's a shame Sony hasn't done something like this.

I think I'm done buying community games. I can't play any of the 3 I've bought unless I'm on Xbox Live.

Really why is this? Did you get a new 360 unit recently or is that just how they come when you buy them?

I've enjoyed a few of them. There was a Arkanoid clone that was fun, the RC Airplane Simulator was cool to fool around with for a bit, and there's a decent Monaco GP clone out there that mimics the Sega coin-op fairly closely.

Here's a few videos of the handheld port of the Monaco GP clone (Can't find any 360 videos of it in action), which appears mostly the same except for being much more zoomed in than the 360 version.

Edited by Atariboy

I think I'm done buying community games. I can't play any of the 3 I've bought unless I'm on Xbox Live.

Really why is this? Did you get a new 360 unit recently or is that just how they come when you buy them?

I finally got a real answer back from MS Support. Not all of the games require a person to be online. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's some setting with my console or if the developers have to change a default setting when they put their games out into the community games area. None of my XBLA games do this though and I transferred those over from an old hard drive. 2 of the 3 community games were first downloaded onto my current hard drive.