IGNORED

Colecovision and Intellivion - overrated?

I wouldn't say the CV and Inty are overrated.

Me either. It's different looking and comparing in 2008 than it was in 1982. The differences seem less impressive in hindsight. ;-)

With bigger and better carts, the 2600 was at least competitive with those systems.

They still had technical advantages over the 2600. I think some of that was also offset by the fact that the 2600 was really popular and had several generations of developers trying to really push that machine ... especially compared to the others.

I mean ... compare COMBAT against SOLARIS, CALIFORNIA GAMES and SPACE SHUTTLE. There's a pretty big difference in visuals.

From what I have read on Wikipedia etc., the Colecovision and Intellivision were perceived as much better systems than the VCS when they appeared, but when I check the games on Youtube, none of them impress me

I remember when I first sore the Intellivision it was at a MYER store kind of like your SEARS, after many months of nagging my Dad for a 2600 I finally got one for my bithday or christmas can't rememer which. And about 2 months later Intellivision came out it had one of the demo carts in it the one with Armour Battle. I thought the thing was alive the guy at the store knew I had just got hte 2600 and made fun of me saying how much better it was. I tell you my jaw dropped and my heart sank everyone I knew back then thought it was so much better.

Edited by HARMIK