IGNORED

5200 Frogger

Cafeman

• 21 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2001 at 10:40 AM, Cafeman said:

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200frogger.html

I like this game. The button+stick control is no problem for me and a necessary (and good) idea to handle non-centering analog sticks. I just point the direction I want to go, then click the button one time for each jump -- pinpoint accurate!

Modern homebrews of frogger on other systems make the 8-bit/5200 ports obsolete.  All of the old ports of Frogger to home systems, with the exception of the supercharger version were all terrible. Froggee for the 7800 is superior in every way.  The new(ish) c64 port is superior in every way.  The new-ish Amstrad CPC port is superior in every way.

Frankly, I've never found the button control scheme on the 5200 to be very intuitive either.

9 minutes ago, christo930 said:

Modern homebrews of frogger on other systems make the 8-bit/5200 ports obsolete.  All of the old ports of Frogger to home systems, with the exception of the supercharger version were all terrible. Froggee for the 7800 is superior in every way.  The new(ish) c64 port is superior in every way.  The new-ish Amstrad CPC port is superior in every way.

Frankly, I've never found the button control scheme on the 5200 to be very intuitive either.

They don't make them obsolete unless they are playable on the same system, no?  Not everyone emulates, or has the other system. 

As I pointed out earlier, you can control frogger via the number pad as well.  Just as good as using a directional pad.

• 4 weeks later...

there's a button-less hack available I happen to have the ROM to it. I also have one for Q*bert too. The Frogger one IS a bit touchy as it seems to almost jump right away after your last previous frog makes it home so be VERY careful... OR.... perhaps somebody can correct this problem.

Frogger-nobutton.bin Q-bert-nobutton.bin