IGNORED

Does anybody know????????????????????

jlnsctt

.....What the market share is(percentage) between the GC ,PS2, and the XBox??? Please, this is NOT a comparison of the systems, nobody would EVER agree on that, just an inquiry if anyone has any real info on it.(eg some gaming magazine,financial etc)

Best Regards, Julian Scott

pulled this from an article on E3 at gamespy.com

It's not hard to imagine why SCEA's head honcho would be saying such things; as Kaz went on to cite, Sony has the next-generation console market in an iron-like vice. According to Sony's numbers, a hair over 30 million PlayStation 2 hardware units have shipped worldwide, compared to 4 million GameCubes and 3.5 to 4 million Xboxes. To top things off, Kaz projected an additional 23 million PS2 units would be shipped during fiscal year '03. Perhaps giddy from these numbers, Mr. Hirai got a bit cheeky. "The console war," he said, "is over." To underscore this, yet more SCEA-endorsed facts and figures were presented. However, as a game player, I'm most interested in seeing great new software, so I'll spare you the details. Suffice it to say that Sony is very happy with where it is today.

As far as numbers shipped as off that time (worldwide) article dated May 22nd

Ps2 - 30 million

Gamecube - 4million

Xbox - 3.5-4million

so assuming xbox is on the high end (4 mil) it would look like

78.9% ps2

and roughly 10.5% for both xbox and gamecube

personally i think all the 3 systems have different strengths and weaknesses and like them all, just posting some numbers.

Lexicon,

Thats the best one yet! My interest was seeing the numers of the gamecube vs xbox. I presumed the ps2 was out in the lead,but not by that much! I think all the machines are good as well. I also think that Nintendo might be beginning to falter. Maybe they will pull an Atari!!!!LOL

Actually Nintendo is just hitting it's stride, with the release of Mario Sunshine boosting sales by 50% for Nintendo, and the "heavy-hitters" close to being here. I don't think Nintendo will be able to catch up with Sony, but they'll definitely take quite a large chunk from them. The Xbox will be left languishing far behind both of them, IMO.