IGNORED

New Atari8 Website

flashjazzcat

It's not much - just a place to offer my programs for download. I hope you like it, though. Suggestions welcome, although I'm aware some of the pages aren't finished yet! :)

My Atari8 Website

Note photo on masthead. Yes - I will add credits eventually! :D

Edited by flashjazzcat

Looks good!

Hope to see more from your archives in the future!

Bob

It's not much - just a place to offer my programs for download. I hope you like it, though. Suggestions welcome, although I'm aware some of the pages aren't finished yet! :)

My Atari8 Website

Note photo on masthead. Yes - I will add credits eventually! :D

which programs did you write for the magazines flash and which magaiznes were they intended to be published in

I subscribed to the UK Magazine Page 6, which later became New Atari User. I submitted RIF SpartaDOS Utilities, XEDIT, and The Last Word for inclusion in their PD catalogue very late in the life of the magazine. They published XEDIT (I have a copy of the library disk), and RIF SpartaDOS utilities (along with XEDIT) is in the online Page 6 PD Library. Page 6 was the only place I ever submitted the programs, and I never got any response about The Last Word (the word processor, which was the last and biggest project I undertook).

As regards the website, I've set up a favicon and updated the page titles, so interested readers may wish to update their bookmarks.

http://www.getsly.com/atari/

must have been when they went to the smaller (A5) format flash

That's right. I started buying what was by then New Atari User in about 1989, but not long after that it went subscription-only. I can't remember when it went to the A5 format... about 1994 I think. I only wish I'd started to contribute a bit earlier. Issues were getting very sporadic towards the end. It's clear they were having difficulties and that subscription rates were dwindling. It's nice to see that someone's laboriously uploaded all the content onto the web, though. The internet makes things so much easier these days. Running a paper-based publication for the Atari8 in the late nineties must have been a real labour of love for Les Ellingham, the editor.

Hi flashjazzcat,

Congratulations for a great site you brought to us in such a short while. It is well done with descriptions of your products. I included The Last Word program to my online library, I also didn't forgot to include your site to my Links section. Thanks!

Link

Hi flashjazzcat,

Congratulations for a great site you brought to us in such a short while. It is well done with descriptions of your products. I included The Last Word program to my online library, I also didn't forgot to include your site to my Links section. Thanks!

Link

Thanks, that's great. I'm pleased to see The Last Word hosted on several great sites, including your own. I've just added your site to my links page, and many more will follow. I'm working on a big update for the Last Word which I hoped to have ready for New Year's Day, but it's taking a little longer because it's a big re-write. :D

http://getsly.com/atari/lastword/lastword.htm

That's the original download page if you want to add it - it will always host the most up to date versions. :)

Also please note the mediafire download link is now dead...

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 2 weeks later...
Would be great if you could post some of your software out on one of the active Atari BBSES (such as Mousnet bbs) so that those of us still using Modems and Atari A8's can download some of your software. Thanks!

I'd be happy to! I've just visited Mousenet BBS, though, and it's unclear how to upload files or contact the admin (I've never used a BBS before).

I like your site, very informative. Would be great if you could post some of your software out on one of the active Atari BBSES (such as Mousnet bbs) so that those of us still using Modems and Atari A8's can download some of your software. Thanks!

The Last Word stuff is now available on my BBS - telnet://bfbbs.no-ip.com

File transfers have been re-enabled.

I like your site, very informative. Would be great if you could post some of your software out on one of the active Atari BBSES (such as Mousnet bbs) so that those of us still using Modems and Atari A8's can download some of your software. Thanks!

The Last Word stuff is now available on my BBS - telnet://bfbbs.no-ip.com

File transfers have been re-enabled.

Ooh - I will have to download it this way. I am pretty sure the last WP I downloaded for the little 8 was TextPro 4.5.

Stephen Anderson

Ooh - I will have to download it this way. I am pretty sure the last WP I downloaded for the little 8 was TextPro 4.5.

Stephen Anderson

I don't think there have been many since Textpro 5.2, and that was way back in the early nineties! TextPro was always my other favourite word processor, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent site. Would love to see you pop an RSS feed on the front page so we can easily keep up with any updates

Funny you should say that! I'm currently developing a CSS (wordpress) based version of the site (undergoing testing on a local server at the moment), which will include an RSS feed. I plan to upload the new site in a week or so, when The Last Word nears completion. It looks virtually identical to the current site, but will obviously be easier to maintain and somewhat more interactive. :)