IGNORED

Beat-up 5200 help

Shquata

Hello,

Pretty new to the forums so please bear with me. I have been an Atari collector for years , (mostly 2600 don't stone me) and have had sysytems come and go...bla bla bla...ok I recently decided to to add back a 5200 to the mix so I could have 2600 , 5200 , 7800 out with at least a few games for each. Bottom line is the 5200 I just picked up is pretty banged up :( . It's a 2 port and actualy the system works fine , but is scatched up on the metal plate part and is missing the Front Plastic Cover ( for lack of a better term) that covers the bottom 1/4 of the face of the unit and wraps around the front over the controller ports. Of course only 1 of my 2 controllers works . The other only the stick and no buttons. But I guess for a 5200 , that's actualy VERY GOOD !!! :lol: . Just wondering if anyone has parts or parts machines available . I guess I can pick up rebuild stuff for the controller (s)

Thanks for any help with this. :roll:

Hello,

Pretty new to the forums so please bear with me. I have been an Atari collector for years , (mostly 2600 don't stone me) and have had sysytems come and go...bla bla bla...ok I recently decided to to add back a 5200 to the mix so I could have 2600 , 5200 , 7800 out with at least a few games for each. Bottom line is the 5200 I just picked up is pretty banged up :( . It's a 2 port and actualy the system works fine , but is scatched up on the metal plate part and is missing the Front Plastic Cover ( for lack of a better term) that covers the bottom 1/4 of the face of the unit and wraps around the front over the controller ports. Of course only 1 of my 2 controllers works . The other only the stick and no buttons. But I guess for a 5200 , that's actualy VERY GOOD !!! :lol: . Just wondering if anyone has parts or parts machines available . I guess I can pick up rebuild stuff for the controller (s)

controllers are notorious for their carbon buttons and flimsy plastic circuit

good thing though is that the pots they used i have not noticed any jitteryness like with the 2600 paddles

so if you are handy you could add little pushbuttons to replace start button 1 and 2 and that generally is enough to get going then when you get adventurous you can try to make your own controller

Hello,

controllers are notorious for their carbon buttons and flimsy plastic circuit

good thing though is that the pots they used i have not noticed any jitteryness like with the 2600 paddles

so if you are handy you could add little pushbuttons to replace start button 1 and 2 and that generally is enough to get going then when you get adventurous you can try to make your own controller

Thanks for the reply.

As far as these things go , I am realy more interested in shaping up the system if I can , if not maybe pick up a non-working one for parts or whatever comes along. As far as the controllers , I know how bad these controllers are and feel lucky that 1 is actualy FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!! :roll:

Thanks